Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Performance Of Data Transfer Between Multiple HDD's

July 17th, 2018, 7:11

I have 4 external HDD's (a, b, c, d) and an Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub.

I want to transfer data in huge amounts. (a has 2TB data and b has 2TB data as well.) I'll connect all of them the USB hub.

Transfer 1 : a to b

Transfer 2 : c to d

1) Do their data transfer speed performance decrease when I make Transfer 1 and Transfer 2 activities in the same time?

2) Do connecting all of them to the USB Hub decrease data transfer speed performance rather than directly connecting them to the Computer's USB slot?

Re: Performance Of Data Transfer Between Multiple HDD's

July 17th, 2018, 9:03

1.) Yes
2.) Still yes. Their data won´t go through the hub to the other disk. It will go to the computer in the port connected to the hub, then back through the same cable/port, then to the other hdd. So, if you can have two disks connected directly to the computer, the speed of the transfer will be bigger.

Re: Performance Of Data Transfer Between Multiple HDD's

July 18th, 2018, 3:37

rogfanther wrote:1.) Yes
2.) Still yes. Their data won´t go through the hub to the other disk. It will go to the computer in the port connected to the hub, then back through the same cable/port, then to the other hdd. So, if you can have two disks connected directly to the computer, the speed of the transfer will be bigger.

+ you should know that there is some Pro. USB Hub With Power adapter (is a must) if using multiple ports together
Post a reply