Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Damaged HDD by IsoBurner

July 28th, 2018, 4:47

Hello everyone

here it goes

I was trying burn a windows iso file into a flash , I had windows installation files on my HDD and ran the iso burner from HDD
but in the drive choosing Section I forgot to change the target drive from HDD itself to USB! I clicked next and process came up with an error right away.
I know it did not format anything cause it gave me an error in splitsecond and now when I connect the HDD it prompts the formatting screen and when I choose format :roll: it says windows can't format Drive and the drive type is now Raw.
my 2TB SiliconPower was almost full (200GB left of it) there were all types of data in it and I really need it.

Regards
Attachments
2018-07-28_131450.jpg
2018-07-28_131640.jpg
2018-07-28_131640.jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
2018-07-28_131615.jpg

Re: Damaged HDD by IsoBurner

July 28th, 2018, 9:27

Spildit wrote:Take the drive to a reputable data recovery firm ?

If the data was not over-written and if the problem is with just a damaged MBR or partition it should still be possible to safely extract your data ....

Agree!
Unless you tinker with it more, it should be recoverable.
If you want to take DIY route, run DMDE and scan the affected drive with it.

July 29th, 2018, 3:51

Spildit wrote:Take the drive to a reputable data recovery firm ?

If the data was not over-written and if the problem is with just a damaged MBR or partition it should still be possible to safely extract your data ....

well down , I'm off recovering 2 Terrabytes of data

Thanks for your time

July 30th, 2018, 11:24

Deleted, clicked the wrong button. :oops:

August 1st, 2018, 11:53

Looks like an easy software corruption judging from the circumstances of the failure. Try recovering with R-Studio, if it doesn't work, ask for the recommendations here for a data recovery center to visit around you.

August 1st, 2018, 16:08

ISTM that DMDE should find the data within a minute or so.
Post a reply