Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Western Digital issue

August 4th, 2018, 11:09

Hi I've just tried getting my Western digital word book (white light) going again after a long time not using it.

I've connected Ethernet cable into wifi router. Searching for the hard drive but getting the message "no network storage found. Please make sure your network storage is powered on and properly connected to the Local Area Network"

I've downloaded the installation files but set up doesn't open when I've clicked on it.

Can anyone guide me forward ?

Thank you

Re: Western Digital issue

August 4th, 2018, 18:45

Some basic things to check would be to make sure there is a heartbeat on network port. Power the unit off, turn it so you can see the network connector with the cable in and you should see one of the lights flashing as network packets hit the port. Check both ends of the cable.

If you have traffic on port, then it may just be a case of network problem, IP address, etc. Write down the MAC address on the label on the wd, then check your router device list to see if it is registered and get the ip.

Re: Western Digital issue

August 5th, 2018, 6:17

Thanks both for you help.

I feel so stupid it was the cable after all (loose connection) :$

Lucky enough I remembered the log in password otherwise I'd of been stuck again.

Got there in the end though, really appreciate your help.
Post a reply