Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

maxtor diamondmax plus 9 pata 80 gb pcb swap problem

September 14th, 2018, 15:01

hi to all, I have a hard disk maxtor diamondmax plus 9 pata 80gb with this model: yar41bw0 n, m, g, a serial y20spvvc and code 6y080l0422611 with the engine chip exploded and the chip 22pfs20v exploded. the pcb model is as follows: 301862101 calypso / koi_p7therm. I bought a pcb with the same abbreviation when I feed it the hard disk starts regularly but emits irregular clicks. What can I do ? Thank you all for your help

Re: maxtor diamondmax plus 9 pata 80 gb pcb swap problem

September 14th, 2018, 15:27

Probably internal preamp blown too :-(

September 14th, 2018, 17:10

do you mean the chip on the head? I have also changed the head group, with one of another equal model but has the same defect. I had thought about a mistake in choosing the pcb but I really do not know what to think. Advice?

September 30th, 2018, 19:24

Hello, the hard disk is not my property but a client of mine, of course I have mrt and I have everything necessary to change the heads without problems, I do not know why you speak so, do you think you are the only one to have these tools? I asked these questions because I've never worked on such old hdd and frankly thought I could recover data, but this hard drive had a very strong electric shock and many components exploded. The pcb is identical to the old as part number and differs slightly from the original ardent chip, but when it's connected to the power, it's clicks and on mrt is in recovery mode. I'm looking for the firmware notfor this hard drive but for another identical one that has a different problem. Thank you for the information
Post a reply