Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Stuck Slider Advice

November 1st, 2018, 16:11

I have a 2 platter 2.5" Samsung with a slider stuck fast to the top surface of the bottom platter, about half way towards the spindle. I have tried hooking it with fishing line and I can get a significant amount of traction on it, but it's not moving. I can see the slider is beginning to break down from the fishing line, but it is stuck so tight it still will not move. Any other idea?

Re: Stuck Slider Advice

November 1st, 2018, 16:45

You have PM

November 24th, 2019, 20:39

ddrecovery wrote:I have a 2 platter 2.5" Samsung with a slider stuck fast to the top surface of the bottom platter, about half way towards the spindle. I have tried hooking it with fishing line and I can get a significant amount of traction on it, but it's not moving. I can see the slider is beginning to break down from the fishing line, but it is stuck so tight it still will not move. Any other idea?

Greetings. I have the same problem on the top platter of a HGST HTS545032A7E680. We managed to move the head stack but the slider is stuck hard on the platter and trying to remove it with tweezers seems dangerous. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.datarecovery.co.uk/latest-d ... shing-line

I have seen this link was posted as an advice on another forum. What is the average thickness of 2.5" hdd sliders?

November 25th, 2019, 5:53

Sliders thickness: 0.30mm
The measures I have are:
1.23mm x 0.70mm x 0.30mm
Post a reply