Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Getting into HDD DR

November 12th, 2018, 17:28

Hello everyone,

I'm based in the UK and currently offer DR for liquid damaged or non functioning iPhones, iPads, Android & USB Sticks. My methods mainly require microsoldering in order to get the device to boot up (particularly iPhones & iPads due to the encryption key between some of the chips and newer Androids due to the encrypted data).

I am looking to also offer HDD DR for damaged drives. I will soon be buying a small portable "clean room" with an air filtration system so I can practice head replacements. My biggest issue is the logical/software side of it and still have a lot to learn. Can anyone recommend any cheap basic software that I can use to practice the relevant steps to get data off a HDD? Also any advice and tips would be welcome. I do have Active Boot Disk but not really used it that much.

Thanks.

Re: Getting into HDD DR

November 12th, 2018, 20:07

Wow thank you for the link. Have read some of it but will carry on reading tomorrow.
very helpful.
Post a reply