Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Dolphin users can fix the Seagate LM partial sector

December 7th, 2018, 5:04

Recently, I found that DFL released a tutorial on LM partial user sector access on their official website. I heard that someone has solved this problem. It seems that this time it is true.It seems that this time they are the first.

https://www.dolphindatalab.com/how-to-u ... pair-tool/

Re: Dolphin users can fix the Seagate LM partial sector

December 9th, 2018, 17:29

If the entries in the NRGList are deleted and included in the PList and the translator is regenerated, should not the data be lost?

December 9th, 2018, 19:24

mhp666 wrote:If you include the entries on the P-List i would think that if done correctly the LBAs wouldn't shift as they would still point to the same PBAs ... Might be wrong.

I will do the test when I can. Although it could work for one firmware version and for another no. I have no idea.

Greetings.

December 10th, 2018, 23:32

LM? is it Seagate rosewood?

December 11th, 2018, 3:07

HDDscholar wrote:LM? is it Seagate rosewood?

Yes, the most complicated one currently

December 17th, 2018, 22:02

translator issue of Rosewood always caused by a bad sys file , it seems request more experience rather than a tool solution.

I agree with @Spildit

Spildit wrote:
mhp666 wrote:If the entries in the NRGList are deleted and included in the PList and the translator is regenerated, should not the data be lost?

If you include the entries on the P-List i would think that if done correctly the LBAs wouldn't shift as they would still point to the same PBAs ... Might be wrong.

December 17th, 2018, 23:09

Spildit wrote:
mhp666 wrote:If the entries in the NRGList are deleted and included in the PList and the translator is regenerated, should not the data be lost?

If you include the entries on the P-List i would think that if done correctly the LBAs wouldn't shift as they would still point to the same PBAs ... Might be wrong.

Dolphin Data Lab has received more and more Seagate LM partial sector access data recovery cases and over 99% cases have been perfectly recovered and returned to clients with happiness.

the news seems reliable to some degree.

https://www.dolphindatalab.com/seagate- ... recovered/

December 21st, 2018, 10:51

"For these cases, only Dolphin engineers are able to fix them manually and get lost data recovered."
:)
Post a reply