Now my question ....
HOW CAN I RECOVER THE DATA on this drive with MRT ONLY ???
- On PC-3000 I would use a DE task and with active Seagate utility it would be possible to initialize the drive in DE froam a loader. In the current state of the drive i do believe that that it would became ready and it would be possible to image/clone. In PC-3000 i would use exactly the same procedure used for the ST-10 / barracuda classic Pending Bug. APP and ATA should be 100% compatible as PCB swap does work without ROM change.
- On MRT on the other hand I CAN'T FIND any function to do the same (load the drive from loader on DE).
- Loader from the GOOD DRIVE doesn't load the damaged drive as well
- I've read many posts about MRT not handling correctly old ST-10 drives, maybe there is a problem and the ATA overlay can't be loaded because of MRT bug ? At least on families like Venus MRT can't read overlays and have huge problems, maybe it's the same with this 7200.10 ?
- I don't know why a good ATA overlay can't be loaded from loader on the good drive.
- Also there are some threads that talk about MRT not making their loaders as their should and because of that MRT can work with PC-3000 loaders but have trouble with their own loaders ....
Just with MRT is it possible to solve this case and somehow load from the loader and make he drive DRDY / DSC for imaging in DE ?
I can't WRITE to tracks most likely because of bad blocks so i would like to load to RAM the components of the good drive so that the bad drive would boot up in a way that i could clone/image it on DE ...
Any help ?
Maybe someone with experience with MRT can comment on how to make this work ?
Maybe i'm missing something obviouse ?