All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD10TMVW write in Glist Problem
PostPosted: January 8th, 2019, 12:43 

Hi in this drive I want to write some LBAs to Glist for remaping bad sectors, but every time I try its failed,
I can directly write in Glist module , and there is no error on others modules. and use MRT ultra for this operation.
any way to solve problem?

Post subject: Re: WD10TMVW write in Glist Problem
PostPosted: January 8th, 2019, 18:11 

Spildit wrote:
Try to use other tool that is not junk like PC-3000 or SeDiv ?

Can't you edit G-List and the save to file and write that as module ? Maybe MRT can't handle G-List format of the drive. Why would you want to write to G-List anyway ? Do you need the data from the drive ?

If not just write the damaged PBAs to the P-List and get them excluded from use for good instead of re-direct those LBAs to spares. You should do a full format unit when you do add entries on P-List as there will be translator shifts ...

Good luck.

I have MRT and with respect its not just junk, it Almost do anything pc3000 do with lower prices, almost not all!
Look with logical scan I have a file with LBA extension that i can only import to glist, for directly import to plist i need CHS file, but MRT only give LBA file on resulte of bad sectors. I dont have problems with other drives but in this case I dont know what is problem.

Is there any free tool to import LBAs to glist? or PBAs to Plist?

PostPosted: January 9th, 2019, 3:05 

Banned User

Spildit wrote:
Try to use other tool that is not junk like PC-3000 or SeDiv ?

Can't you edit G-List and the save to file and write that as module ? Maybe MRT can't handle G-List format of the drive. Why would you want to write to G-List anyway ? Do you need the data from the drive ?

If not just write the damaged PBAs to the P-List and get them excluded from use for good instead of re-direct those LBAs to spares. You should do a full format unit when you do add entries on P-List as there will be translator shifts ...

Good luck.

Sediv is Way Much inferior to PC3000, when dealing with data recovery case, sediv is never a really good choice. A comparison about data recovery between Sediv and PC3000 is a Giant Joke, even a public insult to the developers to ACE. We admire your efforts to spread the knowledge of hdd, but please do not put PC3000(excellent) and Sediv(junk) together in your next reply :(

PostPosted: January 9th, 2019, 5:08 

Spildit wrote:
If the goal is to hide bad blocks can't you just try to run Self-Scan or ARCO ? If not possible on your specific drive what about Format Unit VSCs ?

Honestly I have no experience on running SS ,although MRT has SS option I only once used it on a drive and not usefull so i should learn some basic about that on MRT, and what is "unit VSC " ?

PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 4:42 

Spildit wrote:
VSC = Vendor Specific Command.

"Format Unit" is a vendor specific command of several brands (WD do have it) that allow to format all sectors moving defects directly to P-List.

Okay, so what is Format Unit VSCs for this drive and how execute that?

PostPosted: January 12th, 2019, 2:56 

Spildit wrote:
siamak5561 wrote:
Spildit wrote:
VSC = Vendor Specific Command.

"Format Unit" is a vendor specific command of several brands (WD do have it) that allow to format all sectors moving defects directly to P-List.

Okay, so what is Format Unit VSCs for this drive and how execute that?

Search on your MRT if you have any option to do factory format, etc .... ALL FW tools that i do know of do have some sort of option to do a full format with P-List, etc ...

oh you mean format with p-list, I already do that, but not solve my bad LBAs.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 5:26 

Banned User

Spildit wrote:
AlexanderXXXVI wrote:
Sediv is Way Much inferior to PC3000, when dealing with data recovery case, sediv is never a really good choice. A comparison about data recovery between Sediv and PC3000 is a Giant Joke, even a public insult to the developers to ACE. We admire your efforts to spread the knowledge of hdd, but please do not put PC3000(excellent) and Sediv(junk) together in your next reply :(

Are you from ACE ? :mrgreen:

SeDiv is for drive refurb/repair and doesn't have data extractor neither hardware support.

Re-read my post. What i did say was that SeDiv would work better than MRT.

PC-3000 is not perfect either. Don't think that SeDiv is junk. You pay $350 for SeDiv and it's cheap. Have a good quality/price relation. It's not that you pay $6000 - $8000 + $2000 anual fee and expect to have inferior software/hardware than $350 tool ....

For the price you pay for SeDiv you have what you pay for. You can do many cases with SeDiv.

So Sediv is a JUNK, if you judge PC3000 is not perfect.

That is the value and service for what you pay for. You always mention a $350 tool together with a $8000 one, it is A BIG JOKE itself.

I know you have the intention to promote your software obviously, but using such demagogic way I personally do not accept. This will mislead greenhand I have to make it clear.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 14:59 

AlexanderXXXVI wrote:

That is the value and service for what you pay for. You always mention a $350 tool together with a $8000 one, it is A BIG JOKE itself.

I know you have the intention to promote your software obviously, but using such demagogic way I personally do not accept. This will mislead greenhand I have to make it clear.

Cool down. Does the godlike PC3K tool can perform ARCO sequences on WD drives? A 100$ tool called WDMarvel does. This very topic is about refurbishing, not data recovery. U compare apples and oranges. You're trying to look smarter than Spildit... it definitely is A BIG JOKE itself.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2019, 4:50 

Banned User

:D
manager_lg wrote:
AlexanderXXXVI wrote:

Cool down. Does the godlike PC3K tool can perform ARCO sequences on WD drives? A 100$ tool called WDMarvel does. This very topic is about refurbishing, not data recovery. U compare apples and oranges. You're trying to look smarter than Spildit... it definitely is A BIG JOKE itself.

This very topic is about refurbishing, not data recovery?then why did Great Spildit mention PC3000 together with Sediv in his first reply? it is him who compare apples and oranges in order to confuse the others with a false impression that PC3000 and Sediv are on the same level. :D

PostPosted: January 15th, 2019, 4:54 

Banned User

Spildit wrote:
Just try to unlock or read FW of for example HUS726040ALE614 model with your PC-3000. This is IBM-ARM. PC-3000 will tell you to wait for the next update ! Cool for a $8000 tool .... Now get a free HRT_Demo and grab the "Super On" from the HUS726040ALE614 model that you read with your $5 USD external programmer. Send that Super on with HRT ATA terminal, use the same commands you use on ARM to read/write SA modules by terminal and you are done ....

PC-3000 is not allmighty as well .... Not to mention He filled drives, newer firmware signed WD drives with PCB MCU locking you access to SA ... etc etc .... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good luck !

Just this one thing that makes you unsatisfied with the tool? You sound like quarreling in a childish manner. Does repairing this specific model HUS726040ALE614 make you a billionaire? Your behavior revealed what you want , and whom you work for, no matter how hard you disguise yourself with the cover of being an expert in this field.It is not against you personally but your intention to promote Sediv by deliberately placing Sediv and PC3000 together

PostPosted: January 21st, 2019, 4:36 

Banned User

No offensive personally, perhaps I mistook you for some reseller speaking on behalf of some company. If you truely do, that is a greate job, if not I would be sorry for my judgement against you. Due to your enormous influence over this forum, I hope you make comments about tools just and objective in case of your casual words being partially used by someone who wants to mislead others in order to achieve great profit. I guess you will see me banned again.