Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

PCB SWAPING

February 8th, 2019, 11:54

HI,
I HAVE BAD PCB OF TOHSIBA HDD PCB NO. G003235C, MODEL NO. MQ01ABF050 AND A GOOD PCB OF TOSIBA HDD PCB NO. G003235C, MODEL NO MQ01ABD100
CAN IT WORK BY FIRMWARE SWAPING (BOIS CHIP SWAP)

Re: PCB SWAPING

February 8th, 2019, 14:58

Yes, no problem :D

February 9th, 2019, 6:08

Both Hdd model is deffrent is it work correctly.. b oz I am new in this I have not done swping before

February 9th, 2019, 6:11

As long as the MCU and motor chip are the same, and you swap ROM chip then it will be compatible.

February 9th, 2019, 9:05

Toshiba mostly give good result for PCB and head swap. Unless kill Rom when hot swap.
I do like Toshiba drives

February 9th, 2019, 9:32

hi friend.

is this your 1st ROM swap job then don't do it. specially toshiba 2.5 hdd. becz. Toshiba 2.5 pcb ROM swap is bit hard than 3.5 hard. overheat or any mistake, data lost forever. try with same useless PCB. or contact well experience person.

good luck

February 9th, 2019, 18:36

Dananjaya wrote:hi friend.

is this your 1st ROM swap job then don't do it. specially toshiba 2.5 hdd. becz. Toshiba 2.5 pcb ROM swap is bit hard than 3.5 hard. overheat or any mistake, data lost forever. try with same useless PCB. or contact well experience person.

good luck

This is true, ROM chip switching isn’t so easy on these with underlying solder and easily messed up with catastrophic results :-(

February 10th, 2019, 23:19

kharwa7 wrote:G003235C

This number is all that needs to be matched to get a compatible PCB. However, as others have said, if you overheat that ROM while transferring it, it's game over forever. There's no rebuilding a destroyed Toshiba ROM, not even by professionals.

Also, how certain are you that the PCB is even at fault? It's my experience that 90% of the time people are messing around with the PCB when it has nothing to do with the root cause of the problem.
Post a reply