All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TOSHIBA G4330A PCB REPLACEMENT
PostPosted: April 7th, 2019, 14:27 

Hi all!

I have a Toshiba 1Tb hdd model MQ04UBD200 that occasionally failed to connect to the computer. Usually I managed to get it running at the end by just replugging the connector. However, it definitively stop working. There have been no strange sounds with the disk, so it does not seem to be damaged. I really think it is a PCB related problem.

Although I have searched in several forums, including this (Toshiba MQ04UBF001 G4330A PCB, among others), I have not yet reached a conclusion: from what I learnt, I think about two possible solutions:

1) Replace the PCB. For either USB or SATA compatible PCB. (G4330A ----------> G4311A, USB to SATA, took from here: Toshiba USB to SATA Guide). The point is that I'm not sure wether it is plug and play, or it requires further manipulation as some posts suggest. If PCB replacement is a simple issue, then I would go for this solution.

2) The other option I see is make a SATA bridge as described here by MasterT : Toshiba MQ04UBF001 G4330A PCB. What I don't see clear about this is which is output of each pin in the PCB and wether I need external power supply. In this web it is mentioned that the process to interface a TOSHIBA drive (with an extra connexion for power supply) is similar to a WD drive, described here.

What do you think would be the best approach to recover my data?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Pablo.

Post subject: Re: TOSHIBA G4330A PCB REPLACEMENT
PostPosted: April 11th, 2019, 15:35 

Hi spildit,

thanks for your answer. In this case I thick I'd better try option 2, because option 2 seems to be dangerous as your warn...

Can anyone advise about hot to go on with option 2? As I mentioned in my first post I don't exactly know how to do it and I can't find a detailed description of the process.

Thanks a lot!

Pablo.