All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Motor startedHeads loaded
PostPosted: April 20th, 2019, 6:45 

H1 was bad, H0 was imaged. Original ROM is backed up.
Then, this error after replacing HSA - "Motor startedHeads loaded" with clicking. (Model#ST1000LM035)

First Suspect was that's HSA/Media issue. But later I've used another DONOR and same Error is produced. I've taken back the HSA to DONOR, the HSA is working fine.

For test, I've written the PATIENT ROM to DONOR PCB, and DONOR HDD started producing same error with clicking. Then again original ROM to it's own DONOR, then DONOR works fine.

So, it's ROM that's producing the error?
Anyone faced the same? How could ROM gone mad same like this at the middle of the work?
PS: I've written the ROM also what was backed up at the first time since the recovery process started. Still same error

Your thought is highly appreciated.

ROM is attached for reference.

Attachment:
ROM_WL10ALFX_7F2D51B1.zip [460.51 KiB]
Downloaded 306 times

SHAHI
shahi.mahbub@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Motor startedHeads loaded
PostPosted: April 20th, 2019, 18:06 

(1) Import the donor's adaptives into your patient's ROM on the donor's PCB, and then try this combination on the donor HDA.

(2) Import the patient's adaptives into your donor's ROM on the donor's PCB, and then try this combination on the patient HDA.

This should narrow down the fault to the ROM code or the adaptives, assuming it is a ROM issue (but I can't see how it could be).

PostPosted: April 21st, 2019, 2:40 

In rosewood we cant import adaptives.

Repeat# The DONOR HSA keeps clicking with that error in Patient, but This HSA Works fine in DONOR once taken back.

Why would PATIENT ROM produce same error and once written to both DONOR AND PATIENT?

SHAHI
shahi.mahbub@gmail.com

PostPosted: April 21st, 2019, 3:15 

fzabkar wrote:
(1) Import the donor's adaptives into your patient's ROM on the donor's PCB, and then try this combination on the donor HDA.

(2) Import the patient's adaptives into your donor's ROM on the donor's PCB, and then try this combination on the patient HDA.

hi friend fzabkar.
no need ROM adaptives for this kind of LM hard drive. even 2tb,4tb.

===========

has someone check this hard drive, before you check.? is this original ROM or original PCB.? pls. verify it first.
according to your post, just put DONOR PCB to PATIENT hdd and see what is happening?

PostPosted: April 21st, 2019, 14:14 

shahij wrote:
Then, this error after replacing HSA - "Motor startedHeads loaded" with clicking. (Model#ST1000LM035)

First Suspect was that's HSA/Media issue. But later I've used another DONOR and same Error is produced. I've taken back the HSA to DONOR, the HSA is working fine.

For test, I've written the PATIENT ROM to DONOR PCB, and DONOR HDD started producing same error with clicking. Then again original ROM to it's own DONOR, then DONOR works fine.

Anyone faced the same? How could ROM gone mad same like this at the middle of the work?
PS: I've written the ROM also what was backed up at the first time since the recovery process started. Still same error

Attachment:
ROM_WL10ALFX_7F2D51B1.zip

Well,
Did You Use PC3000 For This Work ? .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: April 21st, 2019, 17:14 

shahij wrote:
How could ROM gone mad same like this at the middle of the work?

Are you implying that the current ROM content differs from the original? If so, could we see both copies?

PostPosted: April 21st, 2019, 19:42 

You stated that the device worked with the original heads, I suggest putting those heads back in and get the drive functioning as it was originally. Once the drive is working with original heads you can then make another attempt at a head swap without altering the ROM or firmware.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 13:05 

Blizzard wrote:
You stated that the device worked with the original heads, I suggest putting those heads back in and get the drive functioning as it was originally. Once the drive is working with original heads you can then make another attempt at a head swap without altering the ROM or firmware.

Unfortunately, Patient heads were thrown away since the case I've been trying to recover for long.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
shahij wrote:

Attachment:
ROM_WL10ALFX_7F2D51B1.zip

Well,
Did You Use PC3000 For This Work ? .

Yes

fzabkar wrote:
shahij wrote:
How could ROM gone mad same like this at the middle of the work?

Are you implying that the current ROM content differs from the original? If so, could we see both copies?

Original ROM was written back that was backed up once started the job. And same error. :(

SHAHI
shahi.mahbub@gmail.com

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 14:01 

Some of these Rosewood drives are sensitive to preamp versions. If you made a note of the preamp from the original drive, try to find a compatible donor. Unfortunately the preamp is not available via the ROM yet on PC3K.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 14:20 

ddrecovery wrote:
Some of these Rosewood drives are sensitive to preamp versions. If you made a note of the preamp from the original drive, try to find a compatible donor. Unfortunately the preamp is not available via the ROM yet on PC3K.

For the first DONOR I tried was SAME PREAMP, but 2years different of manufacture, Had same error.

Now 2months difference in patient and donor, having same error.

SHAHI
shahi.mahbub@gmail.com

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 14:46 

shahij wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:

For the first DONOR I tried was SAME PREAMP, but 2years different of manufacture, Had same error.

Now 2months difference in patient and donor, having same error.

Sounds like you may now have media damage. Sometimes happens when imaging a good head and the bad head is beginning to break down.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2019, 13:07 

ROM error can't be. i think now it has platter damage. i susspect platter 0 damaged during head swap processes.

post the terminal log.

==== if you are throwing original heads it is a big mistake. =====