All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem with my wd 500
PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 7:21 

Hi everyone. I would like to ask for your help. I have a 500 wd hard drive on which I had the operating system and some important data. Due to a series of errors, the operating system no longer worked as it should and I wanted to clone the system to another disk before restoring the system. I used the easeus partition master clone tool (I was very careful to choose the right source and the right destination. The original disk had only to be read but not touched in any way) the program said that to complete the operation it had to restart the computer. During reboot, easeus says it can't complete the operation. Before this time the disk was read correctly as a secondary disk, but after restarting windows reports the letter of the disk but if I try to access it says that the structure of the disk is damaged or illegible. Easeus sees it as an unformatted disk. What may have happened? What do you suggest to try to recover the data on the disk? Thank you

Post subject: Re: Problem with my wd 500
PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 10:46 

sometimes this hard drive has an error like bad sectors or hesd prob. etc.
just use good recovery software and try to recover it. but this can be a risk if this hard drive has error.
if your data very important , best thing is contact DR PROFFESIONAL.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 13:54 

Assumption 1
disk A is windows installed disk.
Disk B good condition disk. (Donor)

If you try clone A to B when windows working in A. ( There is some program that I have , I can clone in windows disk A ) Most program would say reboot and clone will start after reboot. So in A Windows working now. After reboot probably clone would start in DOS mode. It's normal. Some program lock source disk some lock source and destination disk. If clone interrupted anyway disk/or disks remain locked. Sometimes MBR or MFT could corrupt and won't initialize boot or file systems or disk structure.
Sometimes you should remove readonly properties with Disk part command prompt.
Sometimes partition table gone, should recover old partition table.
Sometimes necessary to recover disk A.

Assumption 2
Disk A is windows installed disk.
Disk B good condition disk. (Donor)
Disk C patient disk.

Same as explained above .

Maybe your patient disk need professional tools to get data now. So some disk work for some time after errors started. And not work much time after than especially when users trying to fix . Bad blocks or head problem could be died patient disk when playing with it.

I had killed some disk with HDDRegenerator ( as spildit wrote before at hddoracle )

PostPosted: May 21st, 2019, 14:12 

Thanks. I will explain the problem from the beginning. This hard disk was the main disk of the PC and gave problems with windows. Before attempting to restore win, to avoid risks, I decided to clone the 500gb (wd5000aaks) disk on a 1 tb virgin using programs like aomei backupper and easeus partition master (which has the clone function). Performing this work with a laptop I connected a dockstation (salcar) that houses two HDD slots on a single USB port. The disks are recognized correctly but I have only noticed a serious error now. Simulating cloning again with two disks of little importance I saw that from the easeus program and inserting two disks of different sizes are both seen of the size of the disk 1. It must be a defect that are on the same usb port or a defect in the dockstation (also if the manufacturer guarantees that it is made specifically for cloning disks) using two different dockstations with the same programs are seen of the correct size. I doubt that the dockstation is defective and during cloning the two disks "mixed" (or even cloned the empty disk on the full one) or the program (to which I am very sure I gave the correct settings) committed a error between disk 1 and disk 2 (which should not have happened) otherwise I can't explain why aomei failed to clone (disk 2 remained intact) and with easeus after rebooting disk one was no longer legible. I can tell you that disk 1 (the one with the data) has never shown any strange noises, data loss or errors. I did a scan with recuva and found more than a million files but says that it failed to recover 500k (even if in reading all the files are not overwritten) I would exclude head problems but making a cloning with this dockstation could have been lost the mbr table. I kindly ask you two things. Which is the best diagnostic program I can use to understand what the disk problem is? And then as a recommended data recovery program (once I used easy recovery and it worked great, now the new versions seem to me less good) chk f can create problems?