Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

How to deal with Toshiba Defects

July 1st, 2019, 3:55

I am working on Toshiba MQ01ABD050 FW AX001U2E hard disk , it gets normal detection in utility (connected through Toshiba adapter)
I could read CP ,G-list which is not corrupt too.(101 defects)
While I could Head 0 without any error ,I am getting large detects while reading Head 1 ,Is this because this head has become weak or defective zones on Head 1.Though some area on Head 1 is good and is readable. I tried to read through utility by creating translator but that has not improved situation.
Attachments
68.JPG
Capture.JPG
2.JPG

Re: How to deal with Toshiba Defects

July 1st, 2019, 4:00

Quite often new heads do improve this situation.

If you increase the timeout and use several read retries, do some of the previously unreadable sectors get read?

July 1st, 2019, 13:43

first get all data in head 0. and try to revese image. if you can, try to clean head 01. if head clean success you have to skip this area and get all data on head 01. finally try this critical area.

July 1st, 2019, 14:00

Agree both response.
My advice try extract folders read and save user files if possible.
So some time that bad sectors would kill head or platter. This would be better solution than cloning all drive.

July 2nd, 2019, 11:51

Hi pcimage / Dananajaya & HddDonorMarket
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes I have imaged all disk covered by working head. I have updated customer as well.
Post a reply