All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My passport Ultra Diagnostics
PostPosted: August 25th, 2019, 12:10 

I have got a 1 TB My passport ultra model. When Connected it gets normal detection and shows data as well.But after 15 seconds it gets disconnected.
Its not appearing in UDMA as well.
Can someone familiar with this model tell whether this is firmware /defect list related issue or purely Heads related ? I will have to give aprox. estimate to customer before doing anything like converting it to SATA etc.

Post subject: Re: My passport Ultra Diagnostics
PostPosted: August 25th, 2019, 12:53 

what is the full model of drive ?

PostPosted: August 25th, 2019, 16:20 

terminator2 wrote:
I have got a 1 TB My passport ultra model. When Connected it gets normal detection and shows data as well.But after 15 seconds it gets disconnected.
Can someone familiar with this model tell whether this is firmware /defect list related issue or purely Heads related ? I will have to give aprox. estimate to customer before doing anything like converting it to SATA etc.

My guess, Bad sector , SA damage or weak/ bad head. Probably dropped drive. Need a recovery tool. Mostly possible to get data with a recovery tool.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2019, 1:35 

terminator2 wrote:

Your message makes me sad on behalf of you customer and data. You are connecting a drive that you are not familiar with. You dont know if it has internal damage that will destroy data.
Sorry if I am misinterpreting your questions. You need to do everything possible to protect your customer's data, not "gamble" with it.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2019, 1:39 

MindMergepk wrote:
what is the full model of drive ?

This is the model --

Attachments:
2da63b20-d61e-4333-8098-91f72b86ef58.jpg
2da63b20-d61e-4333-8098-91f72b86ef58.jpg [ 46 KiB | Viewed 6311 times ]

PostPosted: August 26th, 2019, 1:42 

digisupport wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

Your message makes me sad on behalf of you customer and data. You are connecting a drive that you are not familiar with. You dont know if it has internal damage that will destroy data.
Sorry if I am misinterpreting your questions. You need to do everything possible to protect your customer's data, not "gamble" with it.

Hi
I haven't done any experimentation so far which might damage hard disk so no question of harming data ,I have just powered it once and noted symptoms ,
Since customer has limited budget and is not keen to go ahead with head transplant ,I wanted to know whether this case can be solved without head transfer.
Thanks

PostPosted: August 26th, 2019, 1:44 

HddDonorMarket wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

My guess, Bad sector , SA damage or weak/ bad head. Probably dropped drive. Need a recovery tool. Mostly possible to get data with a recovery tool.

Yes I also feels this most accurate :D

PostPosted: August 26th, 2019, 15:37 

terminator2 wrote:
digisupport wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

Hi
I haven't done any experimentation so far which might damage hard disk so no question of harming data ,I have just powered it once and noted symptoms ,
Since customer has limited budget and is not keen to go ahead with head transplant ,I wanted to know whether this case can be solved without head transfer.
Thanks

Yes if at least 1 primarry head working and DR tool initialize drive properly . But there is a platter strach risk if head bend through platter. Once scratched when 99% )))