All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC3000 and HRT
PostPosted: February 13th, 2005, 7:20 

Hi;
PC3000 - HRT
This 2 products are similar, but not the same.
People need to understand that they can do diferents things in the same situation.
And HRT is a product that needs that the user knew more about ATA commands then PC3000.
IMHO has not a better product, has only differents ways to see the same problem.
If you can have one - good, if you can have both - better.
So people need to stop to look for a better solution, because the better solution is to have both also the products from Salavtion Data.
And has also others tools like, Bus Doctor Analyzer, Bus Trace, PCI analysers, Bus analysers from LeCroy and Tektronix.

Sometimes when I start to read the msgs here I do not understand the intention of people that works in HD repair, of course that we can find here - desperate end users looking for some unexpensive solution for theyers problems and this people I can uderstand - Human Nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2005, 11:50 

I can't comment on HRT, but I tried salvation data myself. It is crap of crap. They tried immitation what PC3000 does, but were unsuccessful.
Why buying salvation data if you have pc3000?
Bus Analizers, etc... it becomes reverse engineering, and trust me, the companies that are not big, and that are not interested in developing data recovery tools - don't care about all that stuff. They need to make money recovering data, not to develop tools. I would understand that companies like ontack, etc... would buy these analizers for 20-30 thousand dollars and hire 20-30 software engineers to develop tools... but for smaller companies - why do they need all that stuff? I disagree with you.
Also - HRT - you don't really need it, as: 1) it's complicated for people who want to perform a quick data recovery. 2) pc3000 can do everything HRT does. 3) HRT does not support all drives.
My opinion - you need PC3000 and data extractor and that's it. Ohh, yes, you need a brain and straight hands. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2005, 15:08 

agai again,
are you shure that you understood what I wrote ?
has people that don't hear, and has people that even do not hear themself.