All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spanned volume as RAW
PostPosted: February 15th, 2021, 5:15 

I had a 3 disk (4TB, 2TB, 1TB) spanned volume with dynamic disks and I tried to resize the volume to get the 1TB drive out of the spanned volume. I managed to get the one drive out with Aomei dynamic disk manager but there was unallocated space at the beginning of the first disk so I tried to move the volume slices to the beginning of the disks but something went wrong and now the spanned volume shows up raw in windows disk manager. It's visible in explorer but it doesn't show the size and can't be accessed. In windows disk manager the partitions are correct but the partitions with data show up as RAW and have no used space.

I have tried using testdisk, stellar, easeUS, iCare data recovery, ReclaiME, DMDE and remo to recover the volume but no luck. I have been able to get files from the 2TB disk with photorec but they obviously don't have any names or folders which isn't ideal for over 1.1TB of movies, TV shows and other files. I've been able to find folders and names for the 4TB drive which has about 3.7TB of files in it. Some of those files are still corrupted maybe because they're partly in the other drive.

I do have the logs from Aomei that show the structure of the spanned volume precisely before it all went wrong so if there was a way to write those somehow that might fix it but I'm too afraid to try it without confirmation. I wonder if I write the structure to the drives somehow would it overwrite the data because the volume slices would move again or would the drives just move the data back? I'm at a loss and I would rather not have to identify and rename somewhere between 1-2TB of data. I probably haven't given all the required information here so please ask for anything you need. Thanks!

Here are the structures of the spanned volume before and after moving the slices. You can see the used sector turned to 0KB as the drive turned RAW but there clearly are folders and files in the volume and it hasn't been formatted.