All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hard drive does not transfer data after a few minutes
PostPosted: February 21st, 2021, 18:09 

Hi,

The 500GB Segate 2.5" internal hard drive of my old Lenovo laptop has problem and does not work.
(Windows does not detect hard; Hard spins normally without strange sound; Data is still there)

Problem Explanation:

1- BSoD:
At first in windows 7, suddenly the blue screen of death (BSoD) appeared and when I restarted the system after a few minutes the same happened. Bios detects the hard drive and windows also detects it at first but after a few minutes it does not.

2- Install new Windows:
I even tried installing a new clean windows. I formatted one of the empty partitioned and installed new windows 7. In this new windows, in both normal or safe modes, after a few minutes, again BSoD appears. In both normal or safe modes, if I try to run chkdsk or any hard checking command, again BSoD appears.

3- Connect HDD to Windows 10:
In the third step I put the hard drive in hard drive enclosure and connected it to other system with Windows 10. The other system do not detect it.

4- Connect HDD to mac:
At the last step, I connected the hard drive to my mac by hard drive enclosure.
It is very strange.
mac detects the drives at first.
I can open drives and see files and copy some of them.
The problem is that when I want to copy large filed, or I wand to go to specific folders, the connection is lost again. The hard drive is spinning, but is does not send any data. In this case, I should disconnect the hard and connect it again.
I checked hard with some mac terminal commands and It has bad sectors but I can not repair it. whenever I want to try to fix them, it disconnects.

Now my questions are:

1- Do you know what exactly the problem is and how can I fix it?

2- I extracted the exact sectors number of each partition by mac gpt, gdisk, fdisk, diskutil commands.
If I delete all partitions and re-partition it with exactly same start and end sector numbers, is it possible to recover my data by data recovery programs? (I should mention that my hard drive is MBR not GPT)

Thanks
ELes