All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wd40nmzw-11gx6s1 Fix ruined capacitors
PostPosted: January 16th, 2024, 8:10 

Hi there :)

I just ruined my PCB's Capacitors is there anyway I could make this hdd work again.

First I was attempting DR with this HDD
Before this It was not spinning and no LED glow. So I searched the web and landed into WD USB - SATA conversion topic and removed the capacitors, attached the SATA Connector and tested but it was not working. And then after a while I got the solution for my problem that someone said in HDD Guru that I've to reflow the Zero Ohm :shuffle: :shuffle: Resistor between the USB connector and 12 pin header voila after this my HD started spinning and detected in disk management with Not initialized and invalid state so I thought it must be the capacitors that I removed for the USB - SATA conversion but I lost it. So why not short the removed capacitors connections :roll: that's where the problem started. My Soldering iron was not sharp enough so when I tried to short the connections the lead got into other circuits near the capacitors. So I tried to remove the lead from the circuits they got knocked off. After that I stopped shorting them and connected my HD to my pc it was not working and spinning nor no led glow either. So please help me recovering the hd. Thank you!

Attachments:
20240116_171350.jpg
20240116_171350.jpg [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 850 times ]

Post subject: Re: Wd40nmzw-11gx6s1 Fix ruined capacitors
PostPosted: January 17th, 2024, 13:31 

Buy another 2060-800041-003 REV P1 board, and have someone with better tools move over the required components.
Or swap the ROM and MCU.