All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vendor Locked SAS Hard Drives
PostPosted: January 30th, 2024, 22:38 

Hey,

I got over a 100 of HUS724040ALS640 SAS Hard Drives here. 4 TB in Size.
They are Oracle SUN branded and have proprietary firmware on them which makes them unusable in the current state.
They are also available as non Orace SUN variants and their only difference is the firmware running on them.
I know that user E123 can remotely unlock these drives and i already contacted him, sadly he only wants to work
under very specific conditions and i can't fulfill them. (He wants RDP access, a static IP and i need to connect a lot of drives at the same time).
Sadly i'm working on a HP Z800 Workstation and only have 1 available slot so i need to do each drive one by one.
Also i don't have a static IP where i live (Germany and i do have only cellular in a sim router available here)

I would like to know how to manually convert these SUN drives to regular ones that i can use. I'm a data hoarder and i would like to add another petabyte to my storage pool. I know that i need to overwrite the firmware, write microcode to them or something like that, i searched for days on end but i couldn't figure out a way. My last attempt was to use SCSITOOLS LitePro which seems to be able to write microcode and firmware to these drives but i only got the demo version.

Is there a free way or would someone be able to sell me a script, method or something else that would let me make all these drives usable? I wouldn't mind doing a one time payment for a script, method or tool that would let me fix all these drives.
Any help would be great!