Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

LuxorLite - stuck at Rst 0x40M Thermistor Temp 0028

April 24th, 2024, 3:06

Hii Everyone, I have got this drive ST1000DM010-2EP102, which was initially giving preamp fault error and then goes to LED error, Unable to access terminal .
I was able to get terminal access with MRT Virtual start , and backed Up all the resources

Then I changed the headmap with 01 01 and i was able to get terminal access directly and also DRD DSC with Data access to only Head 1 data.

Clone all data from Head 01 successfully .

After clonning i tried changing Head map in RAM ( 00 01 ) and i was able to Read Head 0, with slower speed 3Mb/s , but unintentionally I Reset the drive.

After that getting terminal access with Headmap 01 01 is stuck with Rst 0x40M Thermistor Temp 0028

I can get Terminal access with Virtual start and can read both the copy of sysfiles .

I also tried writing back the backed up data, So that i can get access to DRD DSC with Head 1 and may be i can get Head 0 data with editing RAM HeadMap AGAIN.
Post a reply