All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How long takes...
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 8:08 
Hello all,
I would like to hear some opinions about a very quite simple matter.
How long time is enough to say that someone have expeirence with disks ?
I have this daubts every single time that I read posts about disks, and I need opinions about this because I'm in this f%^$#@!* business has a long time, and until now I really fell that I'm still a beginner. And that I do not know sh*&^%$#@ about disks, but I see in some posts that people start to work in this business and after a while they are experts, they know everything they are masters, they have answers to all questions.
So maybe is time to move on, and start to do another thing, so stupid I fell when I finish my reading.
Any help will be welcome.
Thanks all for your time and atention
Jose Pinto

PS:Maybe I really need to start to talk about the weather.

hehehehehe, life is realy a mistery for me, I was wrtting this post and at the same time I was thinking in one good friend and also my mentor in recovery - Mr. Lione Rein, he supose to say that "Recovery is a transaction business that happens wen people are not expecting...; and also we need all help that we can get....."
After this I went to my email to check it and I receive an email from an unkow person with this:
"Se a história se repete, e o inesperado sempre acontece, quão incapaz precisa o homem ser de aprender com a experiência ? "
(George Bernard Shaw) .
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable the man can be to learn with the experience"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 12:05 

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens,
how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.

Post subject: expeirence
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 12:28 

what but does it impress me the guy finds some softwares and after 6 months or 1 year you do ask something him, and does he answer you expensive ok I am expert in that hdd model you don't want to order me 1 for me to repair?

he/she looks in only 6 months he is expert

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 13:43 

Hi Jose!

Talking about weather is really good thing!

The problem is:
1. People want to do hdd/data recovery.
2. They want to do this professionally.
3. Remember? "If you want to do something well, do it yourself!"
4. People buy PC3000. What happens?
5. They STOP learning immediately because they start making money. Now they have "pc3000 stereotypes" in their minds. (btw: MHDD v4.3 will be capable to execute scripts in a way that you can write your own pc3000 using MHDD scripting engine.)
6. The first thing you should do is to get familiar with ATA/ATAPI standard. To try some commands with MHDD scripting engine. To see, how it works.
7. Then disassemble some very simple f/w update programs like dlss80c2 for fujitsu MPG to see how fujitsu drive works. (By the way, you will receive a good bonus because latest fujitsu laptop drives accept all old commands, so you will be able to repair drives such as MHT, MHU...)

In other words, to start learning you have to start hate PC3000 :)

But first of all: everybody needs a good vacation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2005, 6:00 

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:
Hi Jose!

Talking about weather is really good thing!

..... so you will be able to repair drives such as MHT, MHU...)

including ROM read / write ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2005, 6:38 
Hello Dmitry, thanks you very much for all your help and support in last years. Without your help and your work I could not be where I'm now.

I'm not an expert, and you know that since you know when I start and I think that you remember my first daubts and also my first questions I still need to learn, now I start the ATA 6 so I'm in a learnning process.

Wonderfull what you will do for people that works with hard disks.
And about the reverse ?, will you be able to implement this feature in version 4.3 ? Until now I did not find something better them MHDD to do disk midia map.

Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2005, 9:29 

fujimax
Nope (for ROM). :o

Jose Pinto
I already implemented that in mhdd, I just need to use it a bit to debug, then release will come.

By the way, you can look into mhdd4.2\scripts folder for clear example (file named "test") how ATA commands are used.

In the 4.3 release I'm including scan script (something like mhdd scan but very simple)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2005, 12:14 
Hi Dmitry , Thank you very much.
I hope users can have an ideia about the means of your job, and how important it is for people that work with hard disks.
I will look, thank you.
By the way the scan script will be something to digge ?
Best regards
Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2005, 13:20 

Scan script is just an example how to use mhdd scripting but not ATA commands (because it has just one ATA command 40H - verify sectors). But it will be usefull too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2005, 0:31 

Hi all,

To Jose: Jose, im from Buenos Aires, Argentina, i have my own small data recovery bussiness since 6 years ago, and im in the same situation, when i see some posts here i fell like i dont know anything about hdd, but you know, im 24hs in hdd and i try to read all that i can, test this test that, i think that real hdd Experts are some people that i know from mhdd forum and of course dimitry too, those experts have a complete and deep knowledge, not only about hdd function, i think that they know why hdd works, they know all the steps and have a very high knowdlege about ata/atapi commands, in other words they know the essence of hdd function, like a maxtor or WD engeneer. All this knowledge is the result of, for my opinion, years and years of study and tests. I want to ask you, of course if you want to, to send me a PM, so we can add each other to MSN and discuss about hdd and exchange experiences, i think will be very intresting.

I want to ask Dimitry if will be posible in future versions of mhdd read to a file from cyl -14 to -1

regards for all

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2005, 3:24 

Hi,
my msn is magyarpeti@hotmail.com.
pepe

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2005, 9:35 

C-150

I want to ask Dimitry if will be posible in future versions of mhdd read to a file from cyl -14 to -1

Oh. No. Read pc3k manuals more and you will never understand why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2005, 11:33 

Quote:
Oh. No. Read pc3k manuals more and you will never understand why.

It's one thing to read and try to understand, but it's a whole different animal to read and "never understand why". :P :P :P