All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: re
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 5:43 

BGman wrote:
..... I haven't said that PC3K should be free, I said that its price should be reasonable and maybe region specific. ?

You are right.!!!!!

Price is now just region specific:
Russia, on one side, and
Rest of the World on other side........

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 5:55 

Russia not much more rich. Moscow... Moscow not all Russia, and Russia not Moscow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 7:23 

Why use PC3k when you can use a great tool like XRT.exe? Better interface and better work with SA area :o And it's cheap cheap :D

BGman wrote:
Tony wrote:
I'm just being realistic...

No, you are not! You say that Dimitry doesn't care about his family because he gives us MHDD for free!!! What I say is that there are people that are generous (like D.P.) and that are greedy (like B.G.). I haven't said that PC3K should be free, I said that its price should be reasonable and maybe region specific. With the current price one has no choice:
He should be fair with acelab and unfair with his clients, or vice versa.
Two questions for Tony:
1. What are you doing data recovery or HDD repair?
2. Where are you from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 7:26 

BGman wrote:
Tony wrote:

No, you are not! ...
I haven't said that PC3K should be free, I said that its price should be reasonable and maybe region specific.

Even at the most expensive price pc3k is cheap.

Imagine the Olympics or World Cup and we give the poor countries some
advantage like a metre or ten or a goal or two, how this is going to work ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 8:09 

fujimax wrote:
BGman wrote:
Tony wrote:

No, you are not! ...
I haven't said that PC3K should be free, I said that its price should be reasonable and maybe region specific.

Even at the most expensive price pc3k is cheap.

Common fujimax, they asked me 3000$ for ISA PC3000. :? I make between 10$ and 20$ for each repaired drive. I make 3,2,1 or 0 (mostly) HDD a day. I have to repair SA for only 20-30% of the cases! Use your calculator!!! I have to work 3 to 5 years for acelab before starting to work for myself. And you think this is fair?! Do you think it is fair to ask 500$ for data recovery from a guy that makes only 100-150$ a month. I would hate myself! :x How about you?! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 8:42 

BGman wrote:
.... Do you think it is fair to ask 500$ for data recovery from a guy that makes only 100-150$ a month.

I must agree with you - but do you not have any customers who can pay $500.00 for a data recovery ?? Just need about three of these and then you are in positive territory.

$3000.00 for pc3k dos ??.

The price is closer to about $1000.00, in fact a year or two ago it was about US$720.00

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 8:48 

fujimax wrote:
Imagine the Olympics or World Cup and we give the poor countries some
advantage like a metre or ten or a goal or two, how this is going to work ?

It is ok...

And on Basketball match we will give you 10 or 20 points advantage
and it will be equal............

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 14:22 

Hi, BGman.

If you can make 10 bucks by actually stealing from others (anybody whose utils U use without licence), is quite a shame. Sorry for being so naturalistic.
For sure there are companies that can and will pay for the good work. We must look after the bussiness sometimes.
I don't say I never used anything cracked, as I make money I started to buy the products I use. I think it is normal, at least in the eastern block of Europe.
Not everyone asking for a decent payment are greedy, though there are some.
It is not the question of greediness if U ask a decent price. It depends on the market of course.
And of course one can take into account if the customer is a student or whatever, but U do not build the bussiness on students and the ones needing MP3s, movies and other junk.
I definitely think that if U start thinking another way and honor other people's work that U use every day, God can help U to make better bussiness.
may God bless, sincerely,
pepe

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 16:24 

There is one thing I forgot - time :(

If I take all the hours spent learning the little which I now know
it is more than the cost of pc3k by many times.

I don't think it matters where you are there must be some comparison
between the hours you need to research versus the return from your customers.

Sometimes I think the customers are getting a bargain.

Also to have reasonable success with all the different models and be known as a recoverer you need large amount of spares or working drives. This cost is also much much more than the utilities.

So I think all in all the programs are actually priced OK.

an aside : I once said to a friend - "Do business with people who have money". he replied : "those are the ones who don't pay".

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2005, 20:10 

fujimax
There is one thing you forgot — there are many other things. Money is not all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2005, 7:52 

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:
fujimax
there are many other things. Money is not all

two true :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 3:18 

fujimax wrote:

The price is closer to about $1000.00, in fact a year or two ago it was about US$720.00

Yeh. The HDD's prices are going down and down, but the PC3K price is going up. Why? GREED is the answer! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 3:47 

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:
fujimax
Money is not all.

What's wrong if you want to help people with their HDD problems at affordable for them prices? Even if you hurt somebody's financial interest. I feel like a doctor - I don't want my patients (HDD's) suffer or die!!! Do the doctors do their job only for money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 4:10 

Hi, BGMan,

I think what you call greed is something else. Let's call it market.
They make utils that others can use for making money for themselves and their employees as well.
And there is an other question: Why do you think it is morally better to use stolen stuff than being so called GREED?
You are kind of frustrated not being able to allow yourself the real stuff.
There are people coming to me and they are surprised why I don't want to repair their drives for ten bucks. And I must explain that I must have invested much (not just $, but more: time), and I would be unfair to myself if I waste theese for ten bucks.
But let's think of it in an other point of view:
What if I had some employees doing all the research and then I tell them that the income of their work is 10$ a week because I don't want to be unfair to my customers?
Instead I am unfair to my employees I should pay a decent wage.

IMHO you make a huge kind of mistake if you compare BillGates to Acelab.
Why?
think of the amount of stuff they are selling.
By the way it is possible that MS stuff could be cheaper if many purchased it (maybe not, I am not BG).

now that's a lot to think,
bye for now.
pepe

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 4:43 

pepe wrote:
Hi, BGMan,

Why do you think it is morally better to use stolen stuff than being so called GREED?

pepe

Ask the HDD's manifacturers - they got their superon commands stolen!

Last edited by BGman on May 19th, 2005, 6:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 5:46 

BGman wrote:
fujimax wrote:

Yeh. The HDD's prices are going down and down, but the PC3K price is going up. Why? GREED is the answer! :oops:

Maybe because there are too many people like you using pirated versions instead of buying the original software. I've used cracked software for personal use sometimes, I know that it's wrong, but using pirated software for comercial use is even worse, and trying to say that you are a hero/good man while doing so... I just dont know how to call it! ....and you even complain about the price?! hey, It's their software, they put the price they want, if hdd's prices are going down and the software that you need to repair them are going up, then It's not a good business to repair HDDs, if that's the case, do something else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 7:05 

DanielSC wrote:
[I've used cracked software for personal use sometimes, I know that it's wrong, but using pirated software for comercial use is even worse, and trying to say that you are a hero/good man while doing so... I just dont know how to call it!

Comercial use?!...Where did you get this from? HDD repair is my hobby. I do something else for living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 12:45 

BGman wrote:
DanielSC wrote:
[I've used cracked software for personal use sometimes, I know that it's wrong, but using pirated software for comercial use is even worse, and trying to say that you are a hero/good man while doing so... I just dont know how to call it!

Comercial use?!...Where did you get this from? HDD repair is my hobby. I do something else for living.

Hi BGman,

you wrote :

Common fujimax, they asked me 3000$ for ISA PC3000. I make between 10$ and 20$ for each repaired drive. I make 3,2,1 or 0 (mostly) HDD a day. I have to repair SA for only 20-30% of the cases! Use your calculator!!! I have to work 3 to 5 years for acelab before starting to work for myself. And you think this is fair?! Do you think it is fair to ask 500$ for data recovery from a guy that makes only 100-150$ a month. I would hate myself! How about you?!

All problems solved - with your hobby you don't have to work for ace.

Enjoy !

If you study MHDD scripting this could be a far more rewarding hobby - just an idea - use it if you wish. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 13:31 

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:
There is one thing you forgot — there are many other things. Money is not all.

Yes, if you have enough money :wink: :wink: :wink:

If you must think: "there get money for pay next months bill?", you think more about money...

2DP я тут как-то читал, что такое альтруизм ;) , но вот переводить это на инглиш...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 13:37 

BGman wrote:
DanielSC wrote:

What is if you hobby - astronautics? Did you think it's must be cheap for you?