All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC-3000 Canada Version Vs. Chinese Version
PostPosted: July 5th, 2005, 16:19 

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the two versions of PC-3000? I would prefer to go with Ace in Canada but the price is a bit high. I'd like to play around with it before I commit to their price tag. I found PC-3000 at pc3khrt.com for a fraction of the cost. I'm sure their support is not as robust as that of Ace but again, it's all about the price. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2005, 21:18 

Read this post: http://mhddsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3509
There was another one where I warned people about chinese version.
A couple of friends of mine bought chinese pc3k and ended up getting them from ACE people.

Post subject: DONT BUY
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 1:28 

DONT BUY, CHINESE

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 1:30 

chinese HRT not working with modern software and etc..

Post subject: Re: PC-3000 Canada Version Vs. Chinese Version
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 5:34 

Expensive!!????? I think not if you consider there was FXXk all for you guys a few years ago. Just buy the real version and make your money.....

Deave wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the two versions of PC-3000? I would prefer to go with Ace in Canada but the price is a bit high. I'd like to play around with it before I commit to their price tag. I found PC-3000 at pc3khrt.com for a fraction of the cost. I'm sure their support is not as robust as that of Ace but again, it's all about the price. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 9:34 

Agreed, agreed, agreed.....

Pay the price it's not expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 10:08 

Well I'm beginning to think that it might not be a good idea to go with the Chinese version. From all of your comments, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the initial investment with the real thing. I've only heard good comments about the product. I would like to know if Horseman ever got his issues resovolved with his Chinese version or if it was an issue with the product itself. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 13:37 

Well,

there is the official chinese version in english in China - Taiwan ?

there is the official north american version in english, which can
only be purchased there.

The official russian version in CIS - not sure if they sell english version there ?

These each have their own pricing structure which varies quite a bit.

The most help you get from the chinese fake versions is :

maxtor fix step by step go : 1-2-3-1-2-1, but first send your money
to the bright white fish which swims backwards over the first tall hill beside
the last village on the first road which ends beyond the last road crossing
the clean stream before the new pathway begins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 17:17 

I believe the official Russian version does have an english version. However, I sent a price inquiry to them and they forwarded it to the North American division due to my location. So, if the prices fluctuate greatly, the only way to take advantage of it would be to establish a location in that area. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 22:58 

Deave wrote:
I believe the official Russian version does have an english version. However, I sent a price inquiry to them and they forwarded it to the North American division due to my location. So, if the prices fluctuate greatly, the only way to take advantage of it would be to establish a location in that area. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

As far as I was told by canadians acelab does not sell pc3k in english in russia, and chinese sell cracked version which is in my opinion - crap.
We had an option to buy the system from europe, but we prefer technical support that comes with pc3k from canada. I also loved their training. I've been talking about it already some time ago. I personally spoke with russians and canadians and I can tell you i am happy to deal with these guys. They are loyal, smart and know their stuff, and no matter how many times i call even with stupid questions they take time to help me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 4:41 

Tony wrote:
Deave wrote:

As far as I was told by canadians acelab does not sell pc3k in english in russia, and chinese sell cracked version which is in my opinion - crap.
We had an option to buy the system from europe, but we prefer technical support that comes with pc3k from canada. I also loved their training. I've been talking about it already some time ago. I personally spoke with russians and canadians and I can tell you i am happy to deal with these guys. They are loyal, smart and know their stuff, and no matter how many times i call even with stupid questions they take time to help me out.

In Russia we can buy english or russian version (english cost more then russian), but they have difference if compared with canadian - support level.

More money - more support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 11:24 

u get what u pay for ... bottomline!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 11:27 

Why do you need training? Manual is rather good. But I don't like to read manuals :o Still a child at heart and enjoy playing and killing drives sometimes :lol:

vi wrote:
Tony wrote:
Deave wrote:

In Russia we can buy english or russian version (english cost more then russian), but they have difference if compared with canadian - support level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 13:18 

vi wrote:

Then extending the logic it seems that the russian english version would be better than the russian russian version :o
and
the american english version is the best of all.

Somehow I think the russian english version is a ripp-off because the russian russian version gets better support, maybe this is because the russian russians ask better questions and therefore they get better answers.

I hear there is a chinese russian version with english manuals, but the menus in their manual don't match the screen menus - this is where everything must go wrong I think because you think you fixing the defect list when actually you deleting some tracks ...
and further somebody screwed up with the translation of write to disk (HDD) so when you think you "recording" or reading the SA. you actually "recording" writing to the disk (SA).

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 14:03 

LOL :lol:

So, it's like - "We'll screw your drive for $1000". :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2005, 5:36 

fujimax wrote:
vi wrote:

Then extending the logic it seems that the russian english version would be better than the russian russian version :o
and
the american english version is the best of all.

Somehow I think the russian english version is a ripp-off because the russian russian version gets better support, maybe this is because the russian russians ask better questions and therefore they get better answers.

You "logic extending" give false result :wink:

Russian version better for russian, Canadian version better for english speaking person who don't like spend much time for understand how pc3k work (and waste time trying to understand manual which don't give all answer)

English version can be bought in Canada or Russia. In Canada you deal with other company, not acelab themself, so you got normal (as i think) support, but in Russia you get regular poor acelab support.

But best way is hire skilled Russian repairman and give him "english" from Russia version or "russian" version :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2005, 6:08 

vi wrote:

You "logic extending" give false result :wink:

Agreed.

Quote:
But best way is hire skilled Russian repairman and give him "english" from Russia version or "russian" version :wink:

Ah ha, this is the best suggestion and the best options to go beyond
the manuals and the "official" support.

Here is where I see the best opportunity for everyone - trusted ones, I mean.

4 me I prefer to purchase solutions - there are many needed.

4 example ( I don't need it) - procedure to cut off head from Calypso.

There must be many such procedures which russian experts have and if they prefer there is a big market to purchase such solutions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2005, 4:15 

I reaaaaally would like to purchase the canadian version, but sadly I can't.

This was the reply I got when I tried to get more information from them about the cost and training:

Juan Carlos,

Unfortunately we can not sell you PC-3000 as we are the exclusive
distributor of PC-3000 in North America only. You can however come to the
training in September.

Regards,
Karen

And when I emailed to the russians they didn´t even replied... :(:(:(

Is that because I live in southamerica? I don't know, but it's frustrating. Makes me wish to find a cracked version and learn russian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2005, 10:53 

When you emailed russians you just got usual acelab's support... Sad but proven for last 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2005, 11:25 

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:
When you emailed russians you just got usual acelab's support... Sad but proven for last 5 years.

But problem can be solved if need...