Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Fujitsu MHV2080AH Password Removal - Unlock

August 2nd, 2007, 5:31

Hi

Does anyone have a process or solution to unlock the Fujitsu MHV2080AH 2.5in drives?

Thanks

Re: Fujitsu MHV2080AH Password Removal - Unlock

August 2nd, 2007, 6:57

I think you need Pc3000 UDMA for that.

Regards

Bosse

August 2nd, 2007, 8:41

Hello stt,

Nortek offers services for unlocking password protected hard disks, with an option for full data recovery.

Details can be found at http://www.nortek.on.ca/Password%20Remo ... moval.aspx

Please contact me directly for more information if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Chris

August 2nd, 2007, 10:41

Hi Bosse
PC3K does not support this model. Only supports up to MHT2xxxxxx
Thanks
STT

August 2nd, 2007, 11:00

Hi Stt,
Yes it does...Pc3000 UDMA version.
http://www.acelaboratory.com/pc3000.udma.models.php

Regards

Bosse

August 2nd, 2007, 11:28

Atola/A-FF Repair Station can handle these hard drives. There is a discount for HDD Gurus here.

August 2nd, 2007, 16:34

why people advertising so much here ?

besides, ace claim only limited support for MHT !! and MHV.

and they still trying to figure out why some MHV can read
security sectors and some MHV cannot.

August 2nd, 2007, 20:59

coffeebean,
I guess stt asked for a solution, so he got some relevant references... I do not see anything bad here; now he has choice. Probably the only thing guys forgot to mention in this thread is hdd unlock wizard at http://hddunlock.com/ :-)

I think one day I will add all these products (PC3K, Atola/A-FF, Salvation, etc) into FAQ.

August 3rd, 2007, 2:45

Hi Bosse
Thanks for drawing my attention to the PC3K support list. I've been running a specially compiled package - so that explains the down level status. I'll get back to the main stream package again.
Regards ... stt

August 3rd, 2007, 18:56

And to complete the suite, there's always HDDRock (YEC-USA) with embedded Atola technology plus other useful stuff.

scegs

March 22nd, 2010, 5:14

I have also been looking at MHZ2's (SATA version of MHV2) and am struggling to write to the SA. I can read a module (eg 8) OK with a C2 but I can't write it back (the exact same data), the 64 fails with code 5 - Input Output error, so I am guessing the data needs something else, like a prefix or a csum etc. I was hoping that a Read Condition would show me what was wrong but if the 64 fails so does the fb. I am guessing there is a new feature on these drives to make them more secure! Can anyone out there help me please.
Post a reply