All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there any more suggestion?
PostPosted: December 26th, 2007, 1:38 

Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of EASEUS data recovery wizard or Partition Table Doctor and have some questions, I will give you the background of my problem - I was loading Password Pros (password recovery software) and during the loading process (when it was in the middle of loading) the computer was accidently rebooted by me. Now every time I turn on my computer it repeatedly reboots itself and never gets past this point. Just before the computer is ready to shut itself down and reboot itself again, it gives the message "Bad image check sum olecnv32.dll c0000221".

Is there any more suggestion?

Post subject: Re: Is there any more suggestion?
PostPosted: December 26th, 2007, 3:15 

A few steps to try:

1) Before booting to Windows, hit F8, and select 'Last Known Good Configuration', or 'Safe Mode'

2) If you have the original Windows CD, reinstall Windows over itself. If done properly, it won't wipe out your data, but you will have to do a lot of Windows updates.

3) Using another computer, Knoppix, UBCD4WIN, or the recovery console, replace olecnv32.dll with a good copy. It can be extracted from a CAB file on your Windows CD. Don't be suprised if, after doing this, you find other errors with other files, which is why I recommend #1 or #2.

4) If your data is really important, image it before you do #1, #2, #3, or anything else.

BTW, I'll give it 97% odds this isn't a data recovery problem. Windows is damaged. Fix Windows, or read the information from another computer. Easeus won't help.

Post subject: Re: Is there any more suggestion?
PostPosted: December 26th, 2007, 23:01 

raidj wrote:
Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of EASEUS data recovery wizard or Partition Table Doctor and have some questions".

Is there any more suggestion?

Personal speaking, compared with EASEUS softwares, I prefer to purchase Final DATA or Easy Recovery.