All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital
PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 23:53 

ChrisY3 wrote:
Having spent far too many hours trying to work out where the password is hiding in my WD1600BEVT-75ZCT2 , could someone please look at my 22.bin and tell me what it is ? I have tried all groups of numbers (but obviously not in the right combination) but cannot suss it. How do i know exactly which are the right ones ?

try "james" (without quotes)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 1:33 

Shiniji wrote:
allen_lii wrote:
Shiniji wrote:
Can someone Help me to find out my Password from the locked HDD:

Log from MHDD V.4.5 (22.bin)

I think its # , but it's always the wrong Password.

HDD: Western Digital WD3200BEVT

Thanks

I think that your user password is the part marked by red box and your master password is the part marked by green box.Try to unlock.

Ok, and now what is the Master PW in Decimal? I don' understand this Hex Code. Thx

The master password could be encrypted. Because 00 is not valid in mhdd. Try following input decimal string. "002 003 004 005 006 007 008 068 083 084 080 067"

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 9:01 

I tried MAVR_R and it really works..

Try to download this file: http://nazyura.hardw.net/Mavr_r.zip

then, make a copy to your Bootable USB Flash Drive and run it to your laptop..

for example:

C:\mavr_r.com 00 <enter>

then it will generate some ***logs***.mod, after that transfer your flash drive to your computer and open the file "02_0002.MOD" to your hex workshop and find your password.

ie:
..S|B|L|PAMSHMCZR7VMKRUJ. 07-14-2008..........................11111...........................h2oinsyde........................@....0....d.. 2

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 23:20 

Hey everyone. I have read this thread and found it wonderful, I honestly always assumed once a HDD was locked with a password that was the end of options. I am in Central America and no profressional data services here.

I have a Toshiba laptop with h20insyde bios. It automatically locked itself (firmware problem) and I bypassed the BIOS. Now the password on the HDD is being asked for.

HDD is WD1600BEVS (WD Scorpio)

I managed to actually remove it, boot to windows live, insert it and install windows to it. Now when I reboot, it asks for the password on the HDD still.

I tried to use ZU however it says device not ready. It's a SATA HD as primary. I tried the /P and /S swithes.

My next attempt was MHDD. I run MHDD off a bootable USB key. I type SHIFT + F3 and find my hard drive (number 6) and press enter. It tells me it has a password.

I try to run the .md script (from page 2) and it gets to line8 and says "Hard drive reports error".

I believe it may be my cs.bin file. To make the CS.bin I copied the code from page 2 and pasted it in a HEX editor. I saved the file as cs.bin.

I know this sounds very noobish but is that wrong? I see meatballx had the same error but never posted how he fixed it, so I am left wondering. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I don't care about the data on the HD, I just don't want to buy a new 2.5" SATA HD they are expensive here.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2010, 17:23 

Please help finding password for hdd WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0. I attach a photo file 22.bin.
Have your dream do not know why I am asking for help. I unlocked one hdd ihned.S that you really have no advice. Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the translation, I translated by Google

PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 22:42 

Hello
So I thread again properly read. In 22.bin file I found these numbers:

All combinations converted to decimal, but no combination Hdd not unlock. Please help with your password.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 8:19 

Hi. I have entcountnered stragne problem during unlocking wd2500bevs and Your wisdom Friends. While I obtained 22.bin file I realized that master password is WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCW and the user password in in hex: 02 00 0b 00 05 00 0b 00 07 00 09 00 08. When I try to type converted into dec password using numpad the 007 gives me "beep" from the speaker and nothing shows, and when I type 008 the last charracter is deleted. How I have to type 000, 007 and 008? Do You have any solution for this problem? I attatched my bin. Please help me becasuse the master password doesnt work - in MHDD it always says FAIL?

Attachments:
dump.txt [512 Bytes]
Downloaded 1385 times

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 23:40 

I have a WD3200BEVT i've been trying to unlock. I have been read this thread over and over and over again and just can't figure this hex out. I finally managed to pull the info from the firmware with mhdd, but am not quite sure on what bytes it's located at. It kinda looks like it's all 0's but I know that can't be right. Also reading over most have had to enter the pass in mhdd using the ALT-GR key, but what if you don't have that key! 2 ALT's but no ALT-GR. I've done a little hex editing cells and such, but this is different to me. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I'll be danged if I'm gonna let this drive get the best of me :D I've also tried HDDerase to see if I could wipe the drive completely but the drive doesn't show up in the program. I don't know if it's because of the sata port or not, but my IDE drive shows up so it must be. Thanks for the help guys.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 12:51 

Alt-Gr is the right hand Alt key
and you need to use the numeric pad (in num kock mode) to enter the numbers

You passwords look strange
hex 00 26 00 18 00 2f 00 12 then padded out with 00's
and
00 ad 00 0d

but then they dont have to be ascii characters and could be weird hex

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 14:15 

Tell me about it. I pulled it and looked at it and said WHAT THE HELL!! Thanks though. Now I know about the GR key I'll convert those to dec. and try to input them.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 12:59 

pensacol wrote:
Tell me about it. I pulled it and looked at it and said WHAT THE HELL!! Thanks though. Now I know about the GR key I'll convert those to dec. and try to input them.

easy man.. :)
after i see ur bin file, i guess ur password is "love" (without quotes).
Give it a try n let us know

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 15:56 

Santo_Kho wrote:
pensacol wrote:

Dude are you serious!! That was it!! Now might I ask how in the heck you figured that out? Shoot me a pm and let me know how you did that if you don't mind. Or post it on here, but I'm not sure if they want the public knowing.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 17:07 

this is the best thread for thiefs LMAO

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 22:17 

guru wrote:
this is the best thread for thiefs LMAO

It sure is, except for the fact that some us that own computer repair shops, want to try and add some data recovery options to our services, it is also helpfull to get help from colleagues that are more experienced in a particular area than I am. That was the whole purpose behind me telling him to PM me instead of posting it publicly. So before you start judging and assuming that everybody that is trying to unlock a harddrive is just trying to steal somebody's mp3's, maybe you can realize that not everybody is a thief. Some people just want to learn something new. To everybody else, thank you for your help, and a great thread. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2010, 8:20 

of course some shops use this info for legitamate work, bit obvious really.

Please don't judge and assume that I was claiming that everybody on this thread is a thief

PostPosted: July 24th, 2010, 12:21 

pensacol wrote:
Santo_Kho wrote:
pensacol wrote:

Dude are you serious!! That was it!! Now might I ask how in the heck you figured that out? Shoot me a pm and let me know how you did that if you don't mind. Or post it on here, but I'm not sure if they want the public knowing.

i think i've write wrongly, im not only see ur bin files,
but i execute it under special program that my friend pass me.
ps: he told me not to share it ;)

PostPosted: July 24th, 2010, 16:05 

please share ! apparently thats why we are here

PostPosted: July 24th, 2010, 22:56 

Absolutely, sharing of information is what the internet is about period.

It has it's downfalls yes but... Every one of you are here and also have searched and been shared with information. Finally anyone doing this without special hardware has got help along the line as well there is no reason to act like a mule because someone is not as far along in the education of hdd technology we all start with nothing and we all get help. Gatekeeper business is a thing of the past imho the only people you will service is the rest of the 80% of the population who are too lazy to attempt to understand something.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 6:09 

sorry for not sharing it, coz i've promise him
may be the reason was close to the following link unlocking-hitachi-travelstar-htc426060g9at00-t16473.html

what can i do is help u decode it, pls understand. Thanks

PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 7:13 

Santo_Kho the internet seems to be built on greed and full of people who expect something for nothing. That is sadly how the world is today :O(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 45  Next