Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

March 23rd, 2010, 21:18

Nirvanowiec wrote:MHDD 4.5 (ata terminal)

Are there any chance for such script working with WD5000AVVS drive?

March 31st, 2010, 18:16

Luda wrote:I have too locked 500GB HDD WD and script does not works.

Have you found any solution?

April 1st, 2010, 7:00

No

April 5th, 2010, 10:12

No it doesn't work.

April 30th, 2010, 21:33

Hi All, I'm having the same issue MeatballX was having on a very similar drive (WD2500BEVS). When the script gets to the CS.bin part I simply get "Drive reports error". I created the CS.bin file by using a linux box to write null data to a CS.bin file. Currently the file size is 0bits/bytes/etc...
Is there a specific way the file need be created?

May 7th, 2010, 17:42

Never mind, stupid question I guess :p

May 7th, 2010, 18:13

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I've got my 22.bin file and I'm not sure how to read it. I thought the selected bit was my password, but it doesn't work as either master or user.

Can I get a little help?

May 11th, 2010, 19:34

Hi,the pwd is right in front of your eyes, please work it out somehow.... :hmmm:

May 11th, 2010, 21:05

23 12 1E 14?

May 21st, 2010, 13:17

Can someone Help me to find out my Password from the locked HDD:

Log from MHDD V.4.5 (22.bin)

I think its # , but it's always the wrong Password.

HDD: Western Digital WD3200BEVT

Thanks

May 25th, 2010, 9:57

Having spent far too many hours trying to work out where the password is hiding in my WD1600BEVT-75ZCT2 , could someone please look at my 22.bin and tell me what it is ? I have tried all groups of numbers (but obviously not in the right combination) but cannot suss it. How do i know exactly which are the right ones ?
Attachments
22.bin.jpg

June 10th, 2010, 21:20

Shiniji wrote:Can someone Help me to find out my Password from the locked HDD:

Thanks

I guess your user password is marked by red box and your master password is marked by green box. I unlocked my hard drive (Western Digital WD3200BEVE) by this way.
Attachments
HDD_PWD.png

June 10th, 2010, 21:33

ChrisY3 wrote:Having spent far too many hours trying to work out where the password is hiding in my WD1600BEVT-75ZCT2 , could someone please look at my 22.bin and tell me what it is ? I have tried all groups of numbers (but obviously not in the right combination) but cannot suss it. How do i know exactly which are the right ones ?

I think that your user password is the part marked by red box and your master password is the part marked by green box.Try to unlock.
Attachments
22_bin.jpg

June 10th, 2010, 21:44

Thanks

ChrisY3 wrote:Having spent far too many hours trying to work out where the password is hiding in my WD1600BEVT-75ZCT2 , could someone please look at my 22.bin and tell me what it is ? I have tried all groups of numbers (but obviously not in the right combination) but cannot suss it. How do i know exactly which are the right ones ?

I think that your user password is the part marked by red box and your master password is the part marked by green box.Try to unlock.
Attachments
HDD_PWD.jpg

June 11th, 2010, 7:45

allen_lii wrote:

You was right about the user password. I had the password right a long time ago but was trying to disable the password before i'd unlocked it lol

All done now :-)

June 11th, 2010, 16:39

Nice job :good:
Congratulations ChrisY3

June 12th, 2010, 9:50

allen_lii wrote:

Thanks

Ok, and now what is the Master PW in Decimal? I don' understand this Hex Code. Thx

June 14th, 2010, 22:39

allen_lii wrote:

Thanks

hi, have u solved the password, try "chris" (without quotes)

June 15th, 2010, 0:59

Convert it use a scientific calculator .

June 15th, 2010, 13:32

Thanks Guys for help. Thats was the right PW ^^
Post a reply