Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 11th, 2009, 2:52

unlock WD (WDC,MARVEL,ROYL) ->
http://ng.uber.lt/#comp.hardware/415673 ... hdd-pamiro
http://yura.projektas.lt/files/wd/zu.zip

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 15th, 2009, 6:41

Nirvanowiec wrote:unlock WD (WDC,MARVEL,ROYL) ->
http://ng.uber.lt/#comp.hardware/415673 ... hdd-pamiro
http://yura.projektas.lt/files/wd/zu.zip

zu gives me a error:
ERR:51E0EB14000304 CMD:0000000000E0EC
NO DRQ!

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 16th, 2009, 17:50

Look at EC command - even hdd passport was not read. Software cannot work in this case, as it cannot make you a sandwitch.
http://yura.projektas.lt/files/wd/royl_mhdd.html - first movie for disbelievers - works 100%.

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 17th, 2009, 6:25

Thanks Nirvanowiec !!! 8)

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 17th, 2009, 6:51

Ombladon wrote:

zu gives me a error:
ERR:51E0EB14000304 CMD:0000000000E0EC
NO DRQ!

doesnt fix my problem :roll:

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 17th, 2009, 8:16

In fact the problem is elsewhere.... :mrgreen:

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 17th, 2009, 16:40

Patient: I drank a Valium zymosis he does not help. Doctor: What's the problem then? Patient: Yes diarrhea for 2 days

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

August 29th, 2009, 4:54

Nirvanowiec wrote:Patient: I drank a Valium zymosis he does not help. Doctor: What's the problem then? Patient: Yes diarrhea for 2 days

is this a joke? am i suppose to laugh?

guess i forgot.

a/w the program worked, the problem was i didnt have a intel chipset when i tryed to use zu :wink:

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

September 12th, 2009, 12:55

Please tell me where from these regs, how to get it from hd ?

regs = $57 $44 $43 $00 $00 $a0 $8a
waitnbsy
regs = $00 $02 $00 $00 $0F $E0 $21

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

September 15th, 2009, 0:54

The script ran fine, just can't figure out what the master or user password is. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

22.BIN.txt
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 2280 times

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

September 24th, 2009, 14:33

hi i was stuck with the same problem which i solve on a WDC2500bevt
just a quick list of master pwd i found on my travels

WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCW <----THIS ONE WORKED FOR ME
WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
&'()*.WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
h2oinsyde <-----for acer drive(but not mine)

if none of the above work then the fun begins
first download MHDD boot disk (google for it)
copy the unzipped files i put up on to a usb stick and plug in
remove all drives except locked one
boot the cd and press F5 (safe mode)
type 'c:' to get to the contents of usb drive
then type MHDD to run the program on the usb not the cd as that is wrong version
in MHDD (select drive this might take a little bit of getting use to!)
run the script by typing ".dump" or ".dump2" (two different scripts)
the script will run and return "DONE"
read the 22.bin file if DUMP script run ok with a hex editor
and 42.bin if DUMP2 script run ok with a hex editor
also read all other posts for more info
hope this helps
and a great big thanks too all who posted and helped me save 8 months worth of HNC elec engineering work thanks!
Nirvanowiec, a big xtra thanx for the script i used....
MHDD.zip
(127.51 KiB) Downloaded 50919 times

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

September 25th, 2009, 0:04

the boot Disk i used was
magic boot disk v2 with MHDD 4.6
which does not include the terminal and does not run scripts
So my download contains 4.5 to put on usb stick

enjoy
:mrgreen:
big up this forum total life savers......................... :!:

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

October 1st, 2009, 18:06

ZU works very well! Thank you
You saved my day (damn crappy hardware devices which secure erase with master password ... when the drive takes too long to complete, it stays locked :( )

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

October 16th, 2009, 2:26

ZU can clear user password only ?

can it clear master ata password ?

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

October 17th, 2009, 4:57

Nirvanowiec wrote:Look at EC command - even hdd passport was not read. Software cannot work in this case, as it cannot make you a sandwitch.
http://yura.projektas.lt/files/wd/royl_mhdd.html - first movie for disbelievers - works 100%.



hi Nirvanowiec when i use hddl.exe to password protect it give me an error what is the reason?
in hd info my HDD infomation is good

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

November 17th, 2009, 17:02

Heloo,
I read bin from my WD5000BEVT.
But I Cannot see code from bin. Can you help me what is code? Thanks

WD.jpg
Attachments
22.rar
There is in bin format
(328 Bytes) Downloaded 1082 times

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

November 17th, 2009, 17:37

M0RBI0US wrote:hi i was stuck with the same problem which i solve on a WDC2500bevt
just a quick list of master pwd i found on my travels

WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCW <----THIS ONE WORKED FOR ME
WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
&'()*.WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
h2oinsyde <-----for acer drive(but not mine)

if none of the above work then the fun begins
first download MHDD boot disk (google for it)
copy the unzipped files i put up on to a usb stick and plug in
remove all drives except locked one
boot the cd and press F5 (safe mode)
type 'c:' to get to the contents of usb drive
then type MHDD to run the program on the usb not the cd as that is wrong version
in MHDD (select drive this might take a little bit of getting use to!)
run the script by typing ".dump" or ".dump2" (two different scripts)
the script will run and return "DONE"
read the 22.bin file if DUMP script run ok with a hex editor
and 42.bin if DUMP2 script run ok with a hex editor
also read all other posts for more info
hope this helps
and a great big thanks too all who posted and helped me save 8 months worth of HNC elec engineering work thanks!
Nirvanowiec, a big xtra thanx for the script i used....
MHDD.zip



I need help, if I do this, in MHDD I have errors: ERROR: No DRQ
And there are no new bin files on flash drive :(
Where will be problem?
There is screen from MHDD:
Thanks


[PRE]
51 ERR INDX CORR DREQ DRSC WRFT DRDY BUSY AMNF T0NF ABRT IDNF UNCR BBK 04
[ Drive parameters - PRESS F2 to DETECT ] [ Current position ]
LINE 5: REGS = $D6 $01 $BE $4F $C2 $A0 $B0
LINE 6: WAITNBSY
LINE 7: CHECKDRQ
LINE 8: SECTORSFROM = CS.BIN
LINE 9: REGS = $D5 $01 $BF $4F $C2 $A0 $B0
LINE 10: WAITNBSY
LINE 11: CHECKDRQ
ERROR: No DRQ
MHDD>.dump2
MHDD ATA/SCSI TERMINAL v2.1
Script: DUMP2
ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
LINE 1: RESET
LINE 2: WAITNBSY
LINE 3: REGS = $57 $44 $43 $00 $00 $A0 $8A
LINE 4: WAITNBSY
LINE 5: REGS = $00 $02 $00 $00 $0F $E0 $21
LINE 6: WAITNBSY
LINE 7: CHECKDRQ
ERROR: No DRQ


| Exit : <ALT+X> | 22:35:56
[/PRE]

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

December 3rd, 2009, 15:03

Hi Luda,
Have you got the 42.bin?
Have you run all the 3 dump scripts?
Have you tried the Zu if you just want to remove the password?
Good Luck.
:lol:

Luda wrote:
M0RBI0US wrote:hi i was stuck with the same problem which i solve on a WDC2500bevt
just a quick list of master pwd i found on my travels

WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCW <----THIS ONE WORKED FOR ME
WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
&'()*.WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
h2oinsyde <-----for acer drive(but not mine)

if none of the above work then the fun begins
first download MHDD boot disk (google for it)
copy the unzipped files i put up on to a usb stick and plug in
remove all drives except locked one
boot the cd and press F5 (safe mode)
type 'c:' to get to the contents of usb drive
then type MHDD to run the program on the usb not the cd as that is wrong version
in MHDD (select drive this might take a little bit of getting use to!)
run the script by typing ".dump" or ".dump2" (two different scripts)
the script will run and return "DONE"
read the 22.bin file if DUMP script run ok with a hex editor
and 42.bin if DUMP2 script run ok with a hex editor
also read all other posts for more info
hope this helps
and a great big thanks too all who posted and helped me save 8 months worth of HNC elec engineering work thanks!
Nirvanowiec, a big xtra thanx for the script i used....
MHDD.zip



I need help, if I do this, in MHDD I have errors: ERROR: No DRQ
And there are no new bin files on flash drive :(
Where will be problem?
There is screen from MHDD:
Thanks


[PRE]
51 ERR INDX CORR DREQ DRSC WRFT DRDY BUSY AMNF T0NF ABRT IDNF UNCR BBK 04
[ Drive parameters - PRESS F2 to DETECT ] [ Current position ]
LINE 5: REGS = $D6 $01 $BE $4F $C2 $A0 $B0
LINE 6: WAITNBSY
LINE 7: CHECKDRQ
LINE 8: SECTORSFROM = CS.BIN
LINE 9: REGS = $D5 $01 $BF $4F $C2 $A0 $B0
LINE 10: WAITNBSY
LINE 11: CHECKDRQ
ERROR: No DRQ
MHDD>.dump2
MHDD ATA/SCSI TERMINAL v2.1
Script: DUMP2
ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
LINE 1: RESET
LINE 2: WAITNBSY
LINE 3: REGS = $57 $44 $43 $00 $00 $A0 $8A
LINE 4: WAITNBSY
LINE 5: REGS = $00 $02 $00 $00 $0F $E0 $21
LINE 6: WAITNBSY
LINE 7: CHECKDRQ
ERROR: No DRQ


| Exit : <ALT+X> | 22:35:56
[/PRE]

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

December 18th, 2009, 17:16

when MHDD runs the script it will not make a new .bin file it will output to the 22 or 42 bin files so that the script does not have to create the output file (if it can.?) these then will contain the dump from the drive rom...
cs.bin contains the regs(registers) to be output by the script where they came from beats me....?and will be different for each make and model of drives
thanxs again to all in this forum with that kind of info..xXx

dump48 script i believe now to be completly useless as that was written for if the drive was in 48 bit mode i think but was never tested????

Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital

December 18th, 2009, 17:58

When running MHDD, I can not see the drive that has the lock password. All I see listed is the CD/DVD drive. Is there a trick to get the locked drive to show up in mhdd? I was following the directions posted by M0RBI0US above.

I also tried zu, though I am not quite sure how to use it. I launched it using zu /p and after some time I get back 'drive is not ready'.
Post a reply