All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SalvationData Product
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 9:51 

hi All,i am New to Salvationdata product and i want to learn how to repair bad sectors and Firmware and Plattern Head problem.

Post subject: Re: SalvationData Product
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 19:02 

sadiq005 wrote:
hi All,i am New to Salvationdata product and i want to learn how to repair bad sectors and Firmware and Plattern Head problem.

Buy 100's of used drives from ebay and practice....practice....practice. Back up all your firmwares and ROM's etc before you try repair. You need to know electronics, tools, what to look and listen for, a good microscope can be very handy at times, oh and work in a clean room environment when opening the drive. Make sure your hands are steady and you can solder small SMT components. Read up on ATA commands and a good book you can read is Hard Disk Drive - Automation and Control Engineering Control Engineering by Taylor & Francis. Its not a repair guide but is overall a good read and will help you understand how a hard drive operates. It costs around $150 I think I paid about 100 gbp when it was published.
Check the SalvationData site and forum for manuals, tutorials and if you are really stuck then send them an email. Be as specific as you can, drive make model f/w ver etc and take screen shots if necessary. Support at SalvationData are most helpful and courteous.

Read...read more and practice lots and you will need a ton of money for equipment. Good luck!

Kelly

PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 1:51 

Hi Kelly
Thanks for your post. I would like to learn more like ap code , cert code , what is there significance , what is age etc. Can you please suggest me any book or where i can learn this? I have a pdf file seagate diagnostics commands but it is password protected. I also want to diagnose drives head / pre amp health in terminal. Please guide me.
Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Hddbug

PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 3:42 

Hi kelly .

Thank you for your support.i will try my best to read and practice.