All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 Raptors in Raid 0 + IP35 PRO + Overclocking= Failed Array?
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2008, 22:51 

Well guys im in need of some serious help here!

I was overclocking my e8400 on my IP35 PRO, got to 4.5 ghz stable, and thought Id go for 4.6 just to see.

went to windows, restarted, pressed del to enter bios, set it up to 4.6, f10 saved, went through the normal process, started booting, BSOD at the windows loading screen.

Went back into bois to give some more voltage and increase voltages on the vtt, ich, ichio etc.. f10, started booting, gets to the 2nd screen of drives, shows both raptors, except now in the raid status it says in RED FAILED! and of course wont boot into windows.

Also under physical drives it lists 3 sata drives I have connected the 2 70 gig raptors and the 1 other drive I have. It lists 1 raptor as member disk(0) and other 2 say non-raid disk.
What are my options here? I dont see any way in the menus to do any sort of repair.
And to make matters all the better, I didnt back up anything I had on the drives......
I always had to have the vista cd in for it to boot to windows or it would say disk boot failure, insert system dish and press enter. if I had the cd in, it would boot right into windows.
Everything was working fine till I started to go for that 4.6 #, I changed NO other bois settings other than voltages, and f10 and rebooted, and it fails, get a windows error screen.

Put in my vista disk to try and repair, it cant find a OS to repair.

After some more frustration I took another HD and installed vista on it, to see if I could recover the data using raid reconstructor or rstudio, neither of which gave me the results I was looking for.
Used Raid Reconstructor, and getdataback, I got the files, but most are corrupt and the pictures which is all I wanted to save are all scrambled when you view them.
its pretty odd though, because I can see all my files, its almost like the raid array wasnt put back together right?

This is what Im getting:

I feel like I just have a setting wrong or something.

I have tried both RAID Reconstructor and then GetDataBack, and R-Studio

Created images with both, but the pictures are coming out nearly the same, each time.

Do i need to set some advanced settings? I think its just not rebuilding the array correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: 2 Raptors in Raid 0 + IP35 PRO + Overclocking= Failed Array?
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 1:26 

It looks to me like the stripe size or offset is wrong.

There are various techniques you can use to do an analysis yourself to try to determine the correct parameters, or you can pony up $299 and let Runtime.org figure it out for you. If I were you, I'd enlist their professional help . . .

Jon

PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 10:10 

Not exactly the response I was looking for :(

What programs can I run to help me determine the settings I need?

PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 11:22 

smitty1258 wrote:
Not exactly the response I was looking for :(

What programs can I run to help me determine the settings I need?

Really. I am sorry you are disappointed that D.R. professionals aren't falling all over themselves to help you to recover your data for free.

Here's a link that will show you what to do:

http://spench.net/drupal/node/80

I'm fully aware that no good deed goes unpunished . . . :lol: