All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Active@ Partition Recovery
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 17:19 

I am hoping there is someone familiar with the Active@ products. I used the DOS Partition Recovery Tool to "image" a corrupt FAT32 Partition on a 40 GB Maxtor drive. The utility wrote 37 - 1 GB pieces, and a master ".HDD" file.

I thought "sweet, now I have that whole partition I saw in the utility (which appeared to be all my lost data)!"

I assumed I could easily "restore" that data to recover my files (or partition, don't care which). And what's worse, proceed to re-format the drive (in anticiapation of restoring the recovered image to it).

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do with the Drive81h.HDD files that Active Partition Recovery:DOS has created! I have read the (all too thin) manual, and it doesn't seem to be in there, what to do with the "recovered" .hdd files? Is that supposed to be obvious??

-morrie

Post subject: Re: Active@ Partition Recovery
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 22:10 

Have you tried contacting their customer support? they would be in the best position to help you.

Did you do a low level or high level format of your drive? (You should never format a drive until you are 100% satisfied you've got everything you need from it). If you do a low-level format you eliminate your options rather quickly.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: Active@ Partition Recovery
PostPosted: May 11th, 2008, 14:27 

Did you format the drive or did the software do it without asking you.. Just incase others reading this might do similar to you. If it did format automatically (which it should never of done) is there a settings option to stop that happening.

Have a look at the active@ web site for knowledge base help and faq's. Has Active@ got a sister or mother site that they list, that could have the info you need.