All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lexar 1GB SD Flash Card problems
PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 1:45 

Ok so a little while back I was out with some friends, they were taking pictures yaddy yaddy ya. Couple days later we go to look at the pictures, and there are no pictures(card had not been removed) but hte night the pictures were taken there was pictures. I removed the card and plugged it into a external card reader and still nothing.

I then got Recover My Files, with slight luck and then contacted Lexar for help they gave me Image Rescue 2 and 3.

Here is where my main problem is...when I use RMF and IR 3 the thumbnails show correctly but opening the pictures puts them to a completely different picture and refreshes the thumbnail to the different picture.

However when I use IR 2 and have it save only RAW the files come out in THM format. I got a program called Advanced Batch Converter to open the THM file formats and again while viewing the preview the file is correct and/or not corrupted however once I actually open it either becomes corrupt(meaning multiple pictures meshed together, portions of the picture are just grey/missing) or a completely different picture.

What can I do to get the thumbnail picture not the incorrect file? It has to be possible as it is pulling the cache of the thumbnail picture from somewhere. Where I live there are no data recovery shops or anything of that nature. Any help will be greatly appreciated by me and my girlfriend(its her card and has priceless pictures of her kids first halloween and stuff like that, that have not been copied/saved to the computer yet)

Post subject: Re: Lexar 1GB SD Flash Card problems
PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 2:19 

Also when I convert the files they convert corrupted or as the wrong picture(compared to what the preview in the batch program showed.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 3:00 

StevenE06 wrote:
priceless pictures

If you really mean that, then suck it up and go ahead and send it in for data recovery.

Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible for the EXIF thumbnail to survive corruption that the rest of the image does not.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 5:02 

Where are u based?

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 11:12 

drccsc wrote:
StevenE06 wrote:
priceless pictures

If you really mean that, then suck it up and go ahead and send it in for data recovery.

Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible for the EXIF thumbnail to survive corruption that the rest of the image does not.

I do mean this and so does she but see there is one SLIGHT problem I am a 22year old full time college student who works part time and she is kinda sorta a single mother, and every place ive seen on the internet is pretty expensive for data recovery.

I live in the US in New Mexico, and the city where I live has basically no data recovery shops/stores.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 11:33 

drccsc wrote:
StevenE06 wrote:
priceless pictures

Also is it possible to extract the EXIF thumbnail? Not sure what this is but I did a quick google and all I can find is EXIF extractor that gives information but not a thumbnail.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 13:12 

StevenE06,
Please, could you explain, why do you try to recover data using some suspect methods if your information really priceless? If you wanna delete this files permanently, you may continue your attemps, but if you wanna recover this files, you MUST contact with one of the DR company in your region and ask their about your case. Or you should use special equipment for DR from flash drives.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 21:23 

Well, and I hope this doesnt sound rude as I am the one here looking for some advice, I already stated why 2 posts ago. I am young full time student working part time and she has 2 daughters and is kinda single outside of us 'dating' and cannot afford nor can I, the prices that I have found. If you know of a semi cheap DR center please by all means let me know.

Also how would using these programs delete the pictures?

I am first trying to find a alternative to having to pay what to me(and her) is an arm and a leg for them. While they are 'priceless' photos unfortunately neither of us have a bunch of extra money laying around. Any information would be great even if it is just links to DR centers that are great and have a good reputation.

Again I hope I didnt sound rude and if I did then I am sorry.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 2:06 

http://www.datarecoverysearch.com/new-mexico.html