All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MicroSD card: I/O error
PostPosted: December 24th, 2008, 21:11 

So i've had my 1 GB microSD card in my phone for 2 years now, with no problems. It loaded into the computer just fine, and it also put pics from my computer into my phone perfectly.

Recently it has been giving me problems. On thursday I noticed that my buttons on my phone weren't responding, it was randomly turning off, and the screens randomly went black. And when I took out my microSD card, these problems went away.

When I put the MicroSD card it my phone, and go to My Pictures, it goes to this screen for about 30 seconds, Image
then it flashes to an empty folder, then goes back to the main menu.

When I put it into my computer and try to open the SD card reader, it shows this.

I really don't want to lose the 600 pictures and 200 videos I have in that card. What can I do to fix it? and why did it just randomly stop working after two years of it working perfectly?

Post subject: Re: MicroSD card: I/O error
PostPosted: December 25th, 2008, 17:04 

Try free solutions at own risk or ask a pro with proper equipmemt and pay for the recovery. P.s. Some failures are NOT RECOVERABLE so maybe your data could be lost anyway.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2008, 7:03 

Dear Tami,

Better turn to professionals, because your card damaged, and you can lost you data forever by your wrong attempts. They are using special tool for data recovery from flash memory drives (for example PC-3000 Flash). But nothing tool for this moment can't recover data from microSD card, if this one is unreadable in OS
Flash memory cells have very limited write resource. Actually, 2 years is a big time interval, especially for microSD and miniSD cards.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2008, 7:21 

MicroSD with embedded controller and NAND chips most likely not recoverable through Pc3000 flash. I think yours is damaged controller module.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2008, 9:32 

HeadCrash wrote:
MicroSD with embedded controller and NAND chips most likely not recoverable through Pc3000 flash. I think yours is damaged controller module.

Yes, you are right. You can't recover data from micro SD throw PC3K Flash. I have called to Russia, they said it's impossible in the current version. Better to have copy of all files from card on the HDD :D Anybody knows how to get data back from this cards? :roll: