All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4GB NAND chip using PHISON controller
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 13:20 

I have a 4GB USB pen with PHISON controller not recognised. The signiture of the chip reads:

HY27UT088G2M

Signiture of controller reads:

PS2231
AJP2-000ED

It has microstack structure, 2 stacks of 2048MB. Preperation results show 12 results, including Bitwose inversion, copy in preperation results, join by blocks, split by block, and join by dumps.

I have tried recovery via the 3 controllers supported within PC3K Flash, all using Block Number Type 1, all appear to be wrong. My method is to select 'Join By Dump', right click and select 'Recovery Via Controller'.

Manual searching through combinations will take long time as there are so many variants of Block Number Type 1.

My questions are has anyone got the specific algorythm settings for this controller? Is 'Join By Dump' the best preperation setting to use? Is there a more accurate way of determining the paramaters of the algorythm without trying every possibility?

This is a important job for a important customer which is why I need a quicker result than usual so I am hoping someone here can help!! :lol:

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 4GB NAND chip using PHISON controller
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 14:55 

Nearest I have done is this one..

Phison PS2231 Controller
1 GB
1 - HY27UTO88G2M
1 - dump

Dump_Convertor
Invert
Split by Block 0x42000
Join by 2112

Block_Number / 0000
Block_Size 0х108000
Marker 514/515
Invert = True

You will probably need extra joining, depending on how many banks of data you have.

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 20:23 

I have written some code for this controller, but the parameters might have changed...

pepe

PostPosted: January 10th, 2009, 2:22 

hddguy wrote:
My method is to select 'Join By Dump', right click and select 'Recovery Via Controller'.

Is 'Join By Dump' the best preperation setting to use?

Hello!

Your method is wrong, you should apply "Recovery via controller" directly on the chips, not on the preparation result.
"Join by dump" appears when you have two or more chips, it is last result in the list. In the all cases you should apply algorithm on the operation with the biggest value "entry"
Sometimes method of attempts and mistakes is the best :-)

By the way, information from soft-senter about algorithms is useless because they use same parameters of algorithm for all controllers from family. I mean that PS2231 is only family name, but different controllers from family have diferent parameters of mixes and algorithms.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 4:47 

All attempts to apply recovery via controller directly to chips displays 'Catastrophic Failure' messgae. :(

PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 16:43 

hddguy wrote:
All attempts to apply recovery via controller directly to chips displays 'Catastrophic Failure' messgae. :(

It is normal situation, I have less than 30% of cases which was solved using recovery via controller :wink: But you can use another methods. At first mix autodetection, then autoanalysis of algorithm. I got in most cases Block number 1. It's easy algorithm to my mind :mrgreen: Try this method in all cases! :roll:

PostPosted: January 13th, 2009, 6:39 

Block number 1? I find this one to have the most possibilities when building manually.. :(