All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cosair voyager gt 16gb
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2010, 4:52 

my corsair pendrive shows used space 0 bytes free space 0 bytes i was unable to format my drive using windows xp so i tried formatting it with hp usb disk storage format tool but it says device media is write protected.will i be able to repair it.

Post subject: Re: cosair voyager gt 16gb
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 21:18 

I am afraid u will not be able to do it. It is screwed up internally. If the data is important, seek pro help.

pepe

PostPosted: June 30th, 2010, 3:26 

He's already tried to format, so data is unimportant I presume!

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: June 30th, 2010, 23:28 

u.ultima wrote:
my corsair pendrive shows used space 0 bytes free space 0 bytes i was unable to format my drive using windows xp so i tried formatting it with hp usb disk storage format tool but it says device media is write protected.will i be able to repair it.

Just curious does this one have a small switch lock on the pendrive. I run across this one a lot here that people have locked their pendrives and can not format, access, or do anything with them. Not sure if this one has one of these features on it but you can check it on the case and see if you do. Just an idea on this one if it says it is write protected. Try to unlock it.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 2:18 

poehere wrote:
u.ultima wrote:

Just curious does this one have a small switch lock on the pendrive. I run across this one a lot here that people have locked their pendrives and can not format, access, or do anything with them. Not sure if this one has one of these features on it but you can check it on the case and see if you do. Just an idea on this one if it says it is write protected. Try to unlock it.

I think that the fact that there are 0 bytes available to write to may have more to do with the fact that he cannot format it! :roll:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 2:32 

my guess is that too,that i m not able to format it cause its showing 0 bytes.i recently did a read test using Flash Memory Toolkit and there was no error it read 100%,m i dealing with a virus issue here.

Post subject: Re: corsair voyager gt 16gb
PostPosted: July 9th, 2010, 23:28 

Are you willing to carefully open the case?

If you are, or if you can find out the brand and part-number on the controller chip, it may be possible to recover the device to normal functionality.(without the use of "special" hardware tools)
We could guess the controller but , if we guess wrong then potentially any corrective action may make the situation worse.

The corsair controller may be:
UT165,SMI or possibly another.
If you can supply the VID&PID using "Chip Genius", or via the windows device explorer.

As for recovery of the data that is a different matter, and highly dependent on the integral controller.