All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OCZ VERTEX 4 128GB (IDX400M00-BC)
PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 14:59 

Greetings,

So my Vertex 4 128GB (IDX400M00-BC) went MIA just a few hours before the weekly backup kicks in and now I have same very important data I need to recover. The SSD is detected in bios only after a hard boot (it takes forever to post), but not in windows or linux (COMRESET failed (errno=16)). I tested it on a few different machines with the same result. The whole disk is encrypted with truecrypt and from the 100 or so tries it made it to the truecrypt bootloader (after an hour or so..) only once and it did accept the password (after I got it wrong a few times lol), but it didn't go any further...

With the ROM jumper it posts right away as OCZ-VERTEX4 ROM and shows up in windows with the correct capacity as uninitialized (since I want my data and I don't really know what I'm doing I didn't try to initialize it) and the FW jumper as far as I can tell makes no difference. As a complete noob I don't want to touch it too much and screw up more than I already did...

The big question is: Is it a HW or FW problem and is it possible to recover the data? And did I kill it when I voided the warranty and played with the jumpers? :roll:

Best Regards.

Post subject: Re: OCZ VERTEX 4 128GB (IDX400M00-BC)
PostPosted: May 11th, 2017, 13:07 

Regnoob wrote:
Greetings,

So my Vertex 4 128GB (IDX400M00-BC) went MIA just a few hours before the weekly backup kicks in and now I have same very important data I need to recover. The SSD is detected in bios only after a hard boot (it takes forever to post), but not in windows or linux (COMRESET failed (errno=16)). I tested it on a few different machines with the same result. The whole disk is encrypted with truecrypt and from the 100 or so tries it made it to the truecrypt bootloader (after an hour or so..) only once and it did accept the password (after I got it wrong a few times lol), but it didn't go any further...

With the ROM jumper it posts right away as OCZ-VERTEX4 ROM and shows up in windows with the correct capacity as uninitialized (since I want my data and I don't really know what I'm doing I didn't try to initialize it) and the FW jumper as far as I can tell makes no difference. As a complete noob I don't want to touch it too much and screw up more than I already did...

The big question is: Is it a HW or FW problem and is it possible to recover the data? And did I kill it when I voided the warranty and played with the jumpers? :roll:

Best Regards.

of course, once you open the cover the warranty is gone..
this is beyond DIY, its the Translator issue mainly, you will need a special gear + knowledge to get your files back

better to consult a Pro. rather than loosing your data for good.

good luck

PostPosted: May 11th, 2017, 15:29 

Thank you.

DIY is an option only if its a minor hardware problem...

I'm willing to pay for a professional recovery.

If anyone has a successful cases with the same model please let me know.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 3:45 

Regnoob wrote:
Thank you.

DIY is an option only if its a minor hardware problem...

I'm willing to pay for a professional recovery.

If anyone has a successful cases with the same model please let me know.

I vote for Michal (AKA, ARVIKA )
here: http://www.odzyskiwanie-danych.com.pl/

one of the best
good luck