Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Samsung SSD Smart Card Logon

October 22nd, 2014, 17:19

hi everyone ... i have SSD marque Samsung 256GB model: MZ-5PA2560/0D7
encrypted by Wave Smart Card ... if can be someone help me to unlock it
this is Pic of what i get when i put on desktop
SSD from DELL Laptop (idk which model)
PSID not printed on SSD
Attachments
m3uvzUf.jpg
j2iLshr.jpg
g1kvq0Q.jpg

Re: Samsung SSD Smart Card Logon

October 23rd, 2014, 0:48

Customer does not know password?
Where is the laptop?

October 23rd, 2014, 8:20

i don't have the laptop

October 23rd, 2014, 10:51

This is working as designed. Contacting the IT dept of the company that this belongs to seems the way to go, you don't say if it is stolen, needs DR, the IT dept cant fix it, or other. I don't think someone is going to simply help break into a computer.

October 23rd, 2014, 19:15

i try that ...

October 24th, 2014, 5:04

I have similar problem with bricked SSD drive. I know I have to do crypto erase(I dont care about data, I just want tu use my drive). Samsung PSID revert tool detect the TCG activated device but when I try to do crypto erase ask me about PSID. The drive is samsung ssd pm810 FDE and PSID is not located on drive. Is there some kind of universal samsung PSID number or another way to make drive usuable ?

October 24th, 2014, 5:20

Interesting, usually drive has to be usable (with data lost) after security erase. FDE is a Seagate technology feature, so if this drive built by Seagate technology try to find update from Seagate.

October 24th, 2014, 7:49

same problem with "gooziec"
trying a lot utility with no luck

but Seagate things not yet ...
i try do Crypto Erase ... and see

October 24th, 2014, 7:57

PSID is the problem

How can with get it for SSD not printed with it

October 24th, 2014, 10:00

this my ssd info
Attachments
2014-10-24_144615.png
24-octobre-2014_14-41.png

October 24th, 2014, 11:02

Crypto Erase tool says "it is for Sandisk...". Should work on other SSDs as well?

October 24th, 2014, 11:56

I've read some docs and this apps(Sandisk, Samsung, Dell Protection.., Wave ESC) should work on all OPAL based security drives.
Issue is that we don't have PSID required to perform this Crypto Erase function.

October 24th, 2014, 12:22

Just finded few photos of drives with PSID and one is pm810 without PSID.
Attachments
4710713274.jpg
Samsung pm810
CT960M500SSD1-NEW_1.jpg
Crucial M500
back_575px.jpg
Sandisk X300s
Image_04S.jpg
Samsung 850

October 24th, 2014, 12:23

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27027

October 24th, 2014, 16:21

Wave contact me for some info
i got this picture from SSD after Boot using "Ctrl+D"

about PSID i use some but with no luck
Attachments
B0vMFRcIYAA0DV_.jpg large.jpg

October 24th, 2014, 17:03

i read something on Lenovo forum
that PSID maybe print it like 2D Barcode
with no luck i scanned all the Barcode .....

October 25th, 2014, 3:57

labtech wrote:http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27027
...already did. Nothing new - it is not ATA security. Hdparm dont show security status on my FDE drive.

apologized wrote:Wave contact me for some info
i got this picture from SSD after Boot using "Ctrl+D"
waiting if it help in some way

February 19th, 2015, 16:16

apologized, can you repair the ssd ?

March 7th, 2015, 9:57

can't for now

March 30th, 2015, 11:47

Exactly the same situation for a drive I bought on a site similar to ebay. First time I test this drive it wasn't recognized by BIOS on any PC / Laptop, not even with MHDD or any other tool like Victoria. After fighting I found a way to bring it back to life, I'm not quite sure under what situations but it seems that this drive (Samsung SSD PM810) doesn't like to be hot unplugged, this can cause to the drive not being recognized anymore unless I use the freezer "trick", YES putting the drive inside the freezer for 10 minutes seems to bring this drive back to life.
Unfortunately the drive is locked with this same ("pre-boot"?) Wave Embassy software and I didn't find a way (yet) to format it. Gpart, Parted Magic, DBAN (even if it's not recommended) and almost any tool seems to not work (I/O Error).

Things I tried and results:
-Samsung Magician not recognized the drive as a Samsung SSD...
-Samsung DOS flash updater recognize the drive but update failed with a wrong directory or wrong file names, I'm working on alternatives to flash the firmware as I found in a korean/japanese forum a way to un-encrypt the Samsung files in order to force flash the drive with another firmware.
-DBAN and all the tools inside Hiren's to erase hard drives ends with an I/O error.
-MHDD and Victoria can change LBA and allow me to set the HPA and almost anything those tools can do expect to erase the drive.
-DISKPART tool shows the drive, I also found that under the attributes of the disk it was set to read-only but nothings changes after I turned it off. But after clean all = I/O error.
-PSID revert tool asked me for the password in order to secure erase the disk and I insert the only visible 32 char in the disk label but that doesn't work. After 2 tries this tool doesn't work anymore.
-Using a DELL laptop with pre-boot capabilities seems to do nothing as it don't let me set a disk password.

The drive is not dead, it boots and also ask for the smart card authentication, Wave tools to recover the drive also didn't work as it will ask you to contact your administrator.

I will keep putting my efforts trying to force flash the firmware to check if that works. The current firmware of my drive is AXM77D1Q the latest firmware from Samsung should be AXM09B1Q for this drive as the PM810 it's quite similiar to 470 Series (in many ways).

If I get any progress I'll share it.
Post a reply