All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Toshiba Q300 unresponsive
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 19:06 

There is a tutorial at one of the tool suppliers' web sites which would suggest that lower voltages can reduce the bit error rate.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 19:17 

fzabkar wrote:
There is a tutorial at one of the tool suppliers' web sites which would suggest that lower voltages can reduce the bit error rate.

Yes, but how does that help? Is it already a known fact that the PS3110s controller acts like it does on these unresponsive Q300 drives because of NAND errors? As far as I know, right now, we don't know anything, and don't even have access to the controller to figure out what it's doing or not-doing.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2019, 19:52 

hi,

I have similar situation.

Is possible buy similar sdd and replace only memory chips or chip controler information ins bloked?

If is FW problem how can update firmware?

I'am eletronics technician, repair electroncis devices, no have any special experience about data recovery but want to learn about this.

I have this one device for recovery

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2019, 0:32 

No, you will not be able to recover it that way. If you intend to do bare NAND recovery, that is much more complex and I would suggest sending it off to someone who does that with a successful track record.

For drives that have no unique data but are 'nice to have' it would be worth experimenting a bit, but besides DC-DC repairs, it all in software and no 'transfer' of components will help. This is because you need 'all' of the components (controller, NAND, possibly flash for the controller) that contain unique data. I do know that in some cases the controller has no internal memory and it's all external, but even then replacing active components like that only helps if the controller is actually physically bad.

In the case of the Q300, all I have found is that the controller simply crashes or fails to start beyond the initial stage.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2019, 18:25 

johnkeates wrote:
No, you will not be able to recover it that way. If you intend to do bare NAND recovery, that is much more complex and I would suggest sending it off to someone who does that with a successful track record.

For drives that have no unique data but are 'nice to have' it would be worth experimenting a bit, but besides DC-DC repairs, it all in software and no 'transfer' of components will help. This is because you need 'all' of the components (controller, NAND, possibly flash for the controller) that contain unique data. I do know that in some cases the controller has no internal memory and it's all external, but even then replacing active components like that only helps if the controller is actually physically bad.

In the case of the Q300, all I have found is that the controller simply crashes or fails to start beyond the initial stage.

thanks for your explication.

Irepair eletronics devices and make reballing. Long time I have interest in data recovery but obviosly need to learn a lot.

Principal device is pc-3000 this can read every thing?

PostPosted: December 26th, 2019, 18:27 

johnkeates wrote:

i didn't know any trust company, can I send to youfor you recovery data?

thanks

PostPosted: December 27th, 2019, 0:23 

I received your PM as well, but for completeness: I don't do hardware send-in recovery but PCImage in the UK might (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5866) and if they don't do the Q300 SSDs they will probably know someone who does. Since it's relatively close by, shouldn't be expensive postage or long duration delivery for a recovery.