Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

SD Card Power Voltages

September 12th, 2016, 19:03

When testing failed SD Cards (not there are many components to check) what voltages in general do they use? I currently have a 4GB Kingston SDHC Card.

Re: SD Card Power Voltages

September 12th, 2016, 23:30

3.3v, maybe 1.8v depending on the device.

September 13th, 2016, 12:22

jeremyb wrote:3.3v, maybe 1.8v depending on the device.

Thanks Jeremy.

October 9th, 2016, 9:53

ddrecovery wrote:
jeremyb wrote:3.3v, maybe 1.8v depending on the device.

Thanks Jeremy.

Well ,
When you apply a multimeter to a sd card testing for shorts between ground and VCC its generally 3 volts or 1.5 volts from multimeter ,but they operate at 3.3 volts imho .Starting to work on more nand flash memories now ddrecovery but late then you started :D

October 9th, 2016, 10:38

I thought Tim was referring to the internals, not the interface. Internally, some use 1.8v Vcc or VccQ, mostly 3.3v
Obviously if it's short to ground you're SOL with the NAND.

October 9th, 2016, 12:26

jeremyb wrote:I thought Tim was referring to the internals, not the interface. Internally, some use 1.8v Vcc or VccQ, mostly 3.3v
Obviously if it's short to ground you're SOL with the NAND.

Well,
Finally i started to work with one company who has Ver 3.0 Pc3k Flash ,I Have Still Not Updated Mine ,So Now Learning At Rapid Speed .But I Have Many Cases To Handle ,Solved One Case With Help Of Roman At PC3K But i am happy as i had done many steps properly before he came in . Second Case I Took Out Was PITA GNd And VCC Short :( .I Would Start Learning To Trace Pinouts In Monolith .Can You Suggest a Good Logic Analyser Please
Post a reply