All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AU6984 A53-MHL-GR Transcend USB 8GB Help Required
PostPosted: December 25th, 2016, 7:43 

Hello,
As You All Know I am New To Flash ,In The Last 1 Month Learnt a Lot But Not The The Level i Can Handle This Case .The Details are as follows .

Case History :
Customer Inserted The Pen Drive in a system and it became dead ,He did the same for another one it became dead too .So i got both the cases .Both of Them Are Transcend 8GB USB Pen Drives .He Says he has JPG images on one he is after .I was also to solve one case mysef but not the other one .I need your help and assistance here .

Current Case :
The Main Controller is AU6984 , A53-MHL-GR . The 2 NAND Chips Are Marked Samsung , K9HBG08U1A .I have PC3K Flash Ver 4.0 + TSOP48 Adapter With Version 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 Software .PC3K Identifies The Same As 0xECD555A5 K9LAG08U0A . Why is the Chip marking identified differently ? .Each NAND Has Two Portions inside Each Hence in Chip Reading i Get 4 Reads Each 2GB Each .I am so amazed that i have Applied ECC on all the chips but approx 1.49 from 2GB are not corrected per 2GB wafers read.I did have the exact same issue with my other chip of the same case but i got 100% data .I tried PC3K XOR Analyses it says its not there might be this controller does not have XOR .

PS : Thanks For Assistance In Advance ...

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: AU6984 A53-MHL-GR Transcend USB 8GB Help Required
PostPosted: December 25th, 2016, 14:55 

Spildit wrote:
Costumer inserted 2 X pen drives on USB port and they went dead .... I would say something on the USB port was broken and some over-current was send to flash pen drives killing them.

I'm not an expert but did you try to start by checking the components on the USB flash drive to see if something was obviouse damaged or did you just "decided" to do a chip-off recovery without attempting to figure out if you could repair the USB stick ?

Well,
This is what i did .

1 : Removed The Plastic Cover And Inspected The Entire Drive Each Leg of Both NANDS And Main Controller And Main Connector For Any Dry Solder Or Solder Breakage Due To Any Force Specially Near The Connector

2 : Traced The Main Voltage 5V And GND To The Controller Via All Components Specially Checking ZERO Ohm Resistors And Any Other Fusable Resistor .

3 : Did Not Check The Crystal This Time ,Though Its Nice To Do It Via a Scope For Sinewave Frequency As Per Its Marking

4 ; The Drive Would Get Detected In The Computer With No Capacity ,Hence Decided To Chipoff

PS : Know More About Your Crazy Indian -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZfLQv ... AHG8eJ5YGQ . BTW Not Too Bad With Soldering Either -> http://forum.acelaboratory.com/viewtopi ... 234&t=8726

PS2 : I Still Believe Nothing Was Wrong With Shahi ROM :D ,Merry Christmas :mrgreen: .I did like the Sherk Photo You Made My Day

PostPosted: December 25th, 2016, 17:35 

It is quite simple controller to solve. Usually it is Join by byte + sometimes block pair and join by page.
But first of all you must have green ECC, without it work on case doesn't make sense. So clean pads, check if chip fit to socket well. you can reread chip with RR mode to fix errors.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 7:10 

arvika wrote:
It is quite simple controller to solve. Usually it is Join by byte + sometimes block pair and join by page.
But first of all you must have green ECC, without it work on case doesn't make sense. So clean pads, check if chip fit to socket well. you can reread chip with RR mode to fix errors.

Arvika Sir ,
I Had To Take Help To Solve This Case .Acelab Was Kind Enough To Provide The Same Seeing And Appreciating My Effort On This Controller .When Roman Was Handling The Same Remotely I Was Understanding What He Was Doing [ But Not To 100% Still Better Then Before ] .In This Case We Had 2 Physical Chips With 2 Banks/Wafers What Ever You Call It .Hence There Were 4 Dumps Each 2GB .Roman Has To Swap The Initial Read Order And Then Combine Both Read Dumps Per Chip With Each Other .Only Then We Could Apply ECC .This Actually Meant Come What May We Could Never Correct ECC Without This Procedure .So Dump Reads Were Perfect But Not Doing ECC At All Due To This Initial Process .I Have a Question For You .If The Chip Has a XOR Pattern Can We Apply ECC Before Or We Can Only Apply Once We Extract And Use XOR Value .I Will Make a Video On This Case On My New Youtube Channel Also

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 8:12 

Most cases works with ECC before XOR, some ECC work only after we apply XOR. Depends on controller.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 12:16 

arvika wrote:
Most cases works with ECC before XOR, some ECC work only after we apply XOR. Depends on controller.

Well,
In this Case We Had To Preform some Combinations and Then Only ECC could be applied ,XOR was Not There in This Chip Sir