Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Integral 32GB AES USB2 required

February 16th, 2017, 14:39

Have an Integral 32GB AES USB2 pen using a PS2251-63-5 controller. Dumps ok but encrypted. Only thing I can think to do is move chips across to a new one, unfortunately I cant find, bought one but turns out completely different pcb inside though was sort of expecting that.

Anyone have one I can buy?

Re: Integral 32GB AES USB2 required

February 17th, 2017, 9:43

kpeddie wrote:Have an Integral 32GB AES USB2 pen using a PS2251-63-5 controller. Dumps ok but encrypted. Only thing I can think to do is move chips across to a new one, unfortunately I cant find, bought one but turns out completely different pcb inside though was sort of expecting that.

Anyone have one I can buy?

the chances ARE VERY LOW
tried that with another brand and did not work (same controller)

February 17th, 2017, 10:31

Please put photo of pendrive.

February 17th, 2017, 11:00

2017-02-16 17.55.18.jpg

2017-02-16 17.55.10.jpg

Sorry for quality, dont have a camera on me. Yes Im thinking there isnt a huge chance but not any other choice that I can think of.

February 17th, 2017, 12:33

I'm sorry, not have same donor :(

February 17th, 2017, 16:10

No problem, thanks for looking anyway

February 18th, 2017, 2:56

what is actually wrong with original PCB? possibly can fix it well under microscope and attach wires to new USB header, or fix whatever is wrong. such as R1 possibly open circuit and replace missing cap (bottom left of first picture) from a similar looking device. It may not matter the value too much.

February 18th, 2017, 11:53

Ive emailed Integral on the off chance.......hahahahah

Im not sure. It arrived with me with the chips already removed. Looks like there's a filter cap missing, a couple of pads for memory chip have been pulled. Looks like it could have been repaired, however, I know the place it was in to before and im sure thats the first thing they would have tried so must be something else up with it. So perhaps controller is dead.

If i cant find one i will attempt to repair pads(or find where they go) and stick a cap on and solder onto existing pads or traces and see what happens, ill guess not a lot.

February 18th, 2017, 21:31

Would a functional controller still identify itself via USB in the absence of NAND?

A measurement of the IR drop across R1 should tell us the current draw.

February 19th, 2017, 10:48

I would risk to say that for some controllers, yes. A case I have here will identify the controler alone, without the NAND chip.

With the nand chip soldered, it is not recognized.

February 19th, 2017, 11:29

yes. in the case of SM controllers, a NAND that has become unsoldered, it shows as something like "SM Memory Bar"

February 22nd, 2017, 9:27

HaQue wrote:yes. in the case of SM controllers, a NAND that has become unsoldered, it shows as something like "SM Memory Bar"

Haque ,
Thanks For This Info ,I Sent You a PM Did You Get It

February 28th, 2017, 13:33

Integral got back to me and said it was impossible. Seemed to be indicating key may be tied to controller, wouldn't look at it themselves either.
Post a reply