Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Cellphone Chip-Off

March 20th, 2017, 13:26

Anyone had any luck getting deleted Whatsapp messages after a chip off? I have a cellphone (Android 4.4) where the data was deleted and the phone intentionally destroyed, but the eMMC chip looks intact. If it not possible I can save myself some work.

Re: Cellphone Chip-Off

March 20th, 2017, 13:35

Tim, as far as I know the messages are encrypted ones you deleted them they are gone forever unless user did a backup, if they install whatapp in a new phone no deleted messages should be there.

March 20th, 2017, 13:50

Hmmm. Many of the 'off the shelf' data recovery programs can recover deleted Whatsapp messages such as Dr Fone etc. But obviously in this case we couldn't use one.

March 20th, 2017, 14:07

Contact me by PM - I think I can help you

March 24th, 2017, 6:14

The backup of whatsapp is encrypted.
The main db is NOT! It's relatively easy to recover if you have a carver template.
We have one (actually 3) for VNR SQLite carver.

March 24th, 2017, 8:13

I was about to download the new version of VNR today. Is the whatsapp file signature a standard signature in the carver, or will I need to write one?

March 25th, 2017, 3:40

ddrecovery wrote:Anyone had any luck getting deleted Whatsapp messages after a chip off? I have a cellphone (Android 4.4) where the data was deleted and the phone intentionally destroyed, but the eMMC chip looks intact. If it not possible I can save myself some work.

Agree with Sasha,
if you have the FULL mem DUMP >> its possible

May 26th, 2017, 16:29

main db and key and voilà :)
Post a reply