All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sandisk Monoliths - Is This True ?
PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 3:36 

Hello,
My Support Engineer While Working On My Case Says The Following ....

Quote:
It's a Sandisk Monolith. We always have a problem with Sandisk drives, especially if it is monolith. I get a good result after XOR and mix elimination, but the problem - build image correctly. For MicroSD we can use only Block Number image building, but due the complicated mix with first blocks, folder structure is always missed in Sandisk when we are building image with Block Number.Now, I launch RAW and found a lot of videos with high size - around several megabytes The only issue - they are not complete, because looks like camers split all videos by parts .If this card was fill by pictures, we would get 100% recovery result but in case of video - it always not easy to get good result without folder structure But during monolith recovery in 95% we never get folder structure because their mix is different from CF, SD and common UFD cases

PS : Can a NAND Guru Look Into My Case Remotely And Solve This At a Fair Price .I Am Looking For Video Files In this SD Card

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Sandisk Monoliths - Is This True ?
PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 5:18 

Well it is true SanDisk Monoliths, and Sandisks in general, can get quite complicated. but in flash I would never use the word "always" or "never" except to say "you always can never know what you will get or have to do".

Sometimes you definitely can get a lot of promising looking structures, file fragments or small files, but still have work to do building an image. Video is much worse than .jpeg due to the larger filesizes, and some formats not being tolerant of any bad/missing bytes.

this can be exaggerated by however the camera itself handles files.

I would say what you were told is pretty accurate. Another DR flash guy may be able to get a better recovery, sometimes it comes down to trying everything you know based on experience and hope something falls into place.

Post subject: Re: Sandisk Monoliths - Is This True ?
PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 8:38 

What type of camera was it? Some newer cameras, especially goPro and some Cannon cameras regularly fragment the video files with metadata when they write it to the card. However, there's ways to remove this metadata once you have a complete image.