Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

unbranded / clone usb pen

May 25th, 2017, 6:58

Hello!

I have been given a USB pen to have a look at by a friend.
They have had it in a local shop for recovery and the solder pads are long gone.
The data would be nice but it's not the end of the world if not recoverable - so I said I'd take a look.

I wonder if any of you kind souls could help me locate the solder points to attach a usb cable.

Please find attached a couple of pics.

Cheers!

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

Re: unbranded / clone usb pen

May 25th, 2017, 9:05

This should be easy, best to do it under a microscope at 10x or so. use wires between the new/canabalised USB header and the PCB, much easier than trying to get the header back in place. make the wires about 10cm and use thin ones. steal them out of a dc power cable or something to get thin ones.

IMG_3566.JPG

If you dont feel comfortable, and are close enough, take it to pcimage forum members shop and I am sure he could recover for you.

May 25th, 2017, 9:30

looking at it again, this really needs scrutinising under a microscope. could have bridge points from solder in spots marked and may be missing a component. This controller (SM3255 or some SM3xxx) should be recoverable from chip off technique.

ctrl.JPG

May 25th, 2017, 12:55

Hello,
If you could mail me this case to india at the address i give you i will do it free of cost .You can then pay off for a storage media and also for return postage .If interested let me know sir
Post a reply