Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Can I do a low level format in my android internal storage?

March 17th, 2018, 18:54

Hello.
I want to do a low level format in android internal storage, but my device does not appear in the program.
The device is not recognized as a disc, so i can't do the low level format.
Can anyone help me?

Re: Can I do a low level format in my android internal stora

March 18th, 2018, 4:50

You need to root your phone first And install TWRP on your phone. Then you will get direct access to internal memory. Insid TWRP is menu Wipe, there you can choose what you want to wipe permanently.
Use Google and search on XDA.

March 21st, 2018, 5:53

Encrypt it, then once encrypted format it (many modern devices with version later than 5.1 will allow encryption)

March 21st, 2018, 8:11

hddguy wrote:Encrypt it, then once encrypted format it (many modern devices with version later than 5.1 will allow encryption)

The Real Meaning of "Think Different"
:wink:

April 28th, 2018, 21:16

How do you do a low level format of a solid state device? Low level formatting is the process of marking tracks and/or sectors. Flash addressing is absolute and inherent, so this concept is not at all applicable.

April 28th, 2018, 21:58

Zorb wrote:How do you do a low level format of a solid state device? Low level formatting is the process of marking tracks and/or sectors. Flash addressing is absolute and inherent, so this concept is not at all applicable.

Technically speaking, it may not be applicable.

But in the way people consider a "low level format" is done, like in zeroing the storage space of a device ( phone, hard disk, etc ) the analogy works, yes.
Post a reply