All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fastest 32GB flash drive?
PostPosted: December 30th, 2018, 15:37 

Banned User

I realize that in 2018 getting a 32GB flash drive is basically like trying to buy a brand-new CRT TV, but I figured I'd try and ask anyway.

I'm looking to get a handful of 32GB flash drives, and I'm looking for the fastest drives available. It looks like most of the newer fast flash drives are starting at 128GB, with a price to match. I'm hoping to grab them around $25/piece. I'm looking for drives with confirmed sustained write speeds of 80MB/s or higher.

Sadly my go to flash drive, the SanDisk CZ80, has been discontinued and no true replacement has been made.

Post subject: Re: Fastest 32GB flash drive?
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 3:34 

While not a Flash drive speed freak ;-) the Patriot supersonic Rage 3 are fast, I have some for different purposes.. OS install, VM machine copying and general deployment using them for Drivers and app install.

I never understand why people spend days/weeks evaluating many different "things" when a quick look at reviews and it would be easy enough to get something quite "good enough" especially when it is only 25 bucks and a choice that doesn't work out is no biggie.

I think limiting to 32GB might not be what I would do as most current reviews aren't going to go down there. If you like the sandisk ones, I am sure you could get plenty on eBay.

personally I would look at sites like:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-usb-flash-drives-4141193
https://www.techradar.com/au/news/best-usb-flash-drives
and buy 2 or 3 different ones until I found a new favourite... though write speeds rarely matter in anything I do, whats 20 seconds between friends??

also, you don't mention what type of files, OS, what ports you using or have available, use case.. so what is best for you may not be for someone else. some flash drives choke with thousands of small files for example, so copying things like JAVA applications might not be a great thing for a drive that otherwise is pretty fast.

I am pretty sure there are bigger fish to fry in your computing environment (backups?) than write speeds of USB's, but good luck and an answer on what you chose, and why, and how it stacked up to your expectations once in use may be useful for others reading the thread.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 7:09 

Definitely a second vote for Rage 3 from me. Used this bad boy quite a bit in the last month or so and it's pretty decent.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2019, 15:03 

you should try adata flash drives.you should look into uv150 series.i ave both 64gb and 32gb...
both get me like 60-90mb write/read speed...