Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Can I know where the Nand memory is seeing the pinout layer?

January 2nd, 2019, 5:53

328/5000
I would like to know where is the Nand memory of a memory card that I have, but I do not want to spoil it if I am not going to be able to do it. If I expose the Pinout layer (as in the photo on the left), is it possible to know it, or is an x-ray photo necessary?

If the answer is yes, how could it be known?

Thank you !
Attachments
resolut.jpg

Re: Can I know where the Nand memory is seeing the pinout la

January 3rd, 2019, 1:00

pinout layer will not help you as it uses vias and traces routed to where ever needed between layers.

Unless you are going to decap, I don't see how knowing where the NAND is will help. If the card is snapped, you probably need parts of the PCB on the side that does not contain NAND (if break missed the NAND which is unlikely) as there would be traces or wire bonds needed to connect to. very small amount of unused space on a microSD.

Once again, photos of the actual job is way more useful than this theoretical banter.

January 3rd, 2019, 6:18

Yes, I'm going to decap the Micro SD Card, but I want to know how I should do it to see where the Nand memory is. I promise to take pictures and put them in as soon as I have, but I'm not sure what I have to do.

On which side should I decap the card?

January 3rd, 2019, 6:24

I forgot to say that the card is a Samsung EVO 64 Gb. It may be useful to know.

January 3rd, 2019, 10:51

you would decap on opposite side of the gold pads. did you look at the links and pics in your other thread? should be fairly clear by now.

January 4th, 2019, 6:18

I know it should be clear, but I have many doubts. Next week I'll decap the card and put pictures.
Post a reply