Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

SSD Intel NVME id's fine in DDI but wrong lba shown

August 15th, 2019, 12:09

I got an intel here 360GB nvme SSD drive that id's in DDI4 only as a 2GB drive. Is there currently any solution for that problem.

link for pictures of the controller chip. https://photos.app.goo.gl/gHvRHSLwtyDbj99n8

It seems to image the small area just fine. Any input or idea what's going on here.

Re: SSD Intel NVME id's fine in DDI but wrong lba shown

August 15th, 2019, 13:19

It doesn't ID fine.

August 15th, 2019, 13:29

Yeah, serial is off a bit too. Doesn't match either.

August 15th, 2019, 14:03

If it doesn't read with DDI PCIe add-on, I believe you are out of options...which is very scary for the future of data recovery.

August 16th, 2019, 6:21

To the best of my knowledge nobody can deal with your NVMe drive. Usually they ID with small capacity when their translator is shot, and there are no tools to deal with that (and quite likely never will be). Was worth a try to post here.

August 16th, 2019, 12:07

lcoughey wrote:If it doesn't read with DDI PCIe add-on, I believe you are out of options...which is very scary for the future of data recovery.

Luke ,
Do Yo Have The Knowledge any developments in NVMe Across all tools spectrum

August 16th, 2019, 14:02

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Luke ,
Do Yo Have The Knowledge any developments in NVMe Across all tools spectrum

To this point, if anyone is developing anything more than what DDI can handle with their PCIe add-on, they are keeping it very quiet in my circles. Maybe your good friends at Stellar are working on something.
Post a reply