All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kingstone CP33238B satafirm s11
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2019, 10:22 

Hi guis I have this kingston unit, it's first unit for me, how can it's possible to recover data from this product ? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Kingstone CP33238B satafirm s11
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2019, 10:31 

there is a tool called repairS11 by vlo that could help. I haven't used it though. http://vlo.name:3000/ssdtool/

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2019, 11:06 

HaQue wrote:
there is a tool called repairS11 by vlo that could help. I haven't used it though. http://vlo.name:3000/ssdtool/

Awesome ,
Have you tried this stuff , I also saw a guy using a ssd data recovery tool made in china ,Guy did not give any details ,Does anyone know about such a tool

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2019, 14:21 

HaQue wrote:

I need to recover data, you know if this tool delete data inside of memory ? thanks

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2019, 2:44 

I know nothing about it. I plan to test it but currently have no time.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2019, 3:16 

http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/temp/repairS11-readme.txt

Quote:
The program is designed to restore the health of disks on the Phison 3111 (S11) controller, for example, Smartbuy Revival2, Kingston A400, which, due to some problems, went into protective mode.

It is also possible that disks with a controller relabeled in INIC6081 (found under the Kingspec brand) are supported.

Distinctive features of this state of the disk is:

- model name "SATAFIRM S11" or "INIC6081SSDWP"
- a firmware version in which instead of a dot the symbol 'W', for example, "SBFM01W1", or "INICWP00"
- raw value of the smart attribute 0xA7 (167), if any, equal to 3 (does not apply to disks from kingpec).

Data, in the event of a successful recovery, is destroyed.

The identification data (model name, serial number) of the disc is kept original.

System requirements - Windows XP / SP2 and higher, use of x86 and x64 versions is possible. You can use Windows PE based on the same versions. Requires starting with administrator rights (under Vista / higher systems, a request for rights is made).

The disk must be connected to the SATA controller (connection via firewire is not supported), it supports the work with standard AHCI drivers from Microsoft, Intel RST, it will probably work with IDE drivers. Performance with other drivers has not been tested. Surely it will not work with the drivers for the controllers in the SCSI and RAID controllers section.

It is also possible to work through some usb-sata bridges, for example asmedia asm105x / 115x, jmicron jm [s] 20329/539/578, initio inic1608 and some others.

To start the program, you need to specify the disk number in the system as a parameter, it can be viewed in the "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management" console. You can start without parameters and enter the disk number at the request of the program.

For example:

repairS11 2

If you start without parameters, a list of available disks and a disk number request will be displayed.

In case of successful checks, confirmation of the operation is requested, you need to press "Y" and "Enter", to refuse any other button.

After successful operation, you need to turn off and turn on the computer (or power on ssd).

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2019, 12:22 

Well,
So according to frank data goes to hell :D , Humm ,But thanks for the details frank sir

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: September 4th, 2019, 13:57 

it's great to recover ssd but it's a bad choise if need to recover data. Tanks for help

PostPosted: September 6th, 2019, 13:57 

I wonder if, after using the repairs11.exe, the data recoverable using recovery software.
Also, anyone have tried replacing the controller chip to fix controller firmware problem?

PostPosted: January 21st, 2020, 15:11 

hfinde17 wrote:
I wonder if, after using the repairs11.exe, the data recoverable using recovery software.
Also, anyone have tried replacing the controller chip to fix controller firmware problem?
As fzabkar quotes, the procedure is data destructive but I am not exactly sure how the data is actually destroyed (if using secure erase or through other means); that being said I have read many boards and the software that seems to have the best chance of recovering the data seems to be PC-3000 SSD Phison Utility.

That being said, I have a Kingston A400 240GB myself [SA400S37/240G, native firmware on label: SBFK71B1] with the infamous SATAFIRM S11 problem, happened last week after 1,5 years of usage. I have backups of my data, so what I am looking for is to restore the health of the drive in order to keep using it; I don't care if the data is wiped in the process: I am prepared to reinstall the OS.

I have tried running repairS11 utility by vlo (vlo.name): when using a SATA-to-USB adapter phison_flash_id detects PS3108 Controller so the repair utility refuses to run; when using built-in SATA port on my Laptop (AHCI mode set in BIOS) the detected Controller is PS3111, the repair utility ends correctly with a success message, but the problem remains. What else can I do?

By any chance has anyone tried using PhisonToolBox v1.17 by usbdev.ru? By all means I just want to exit from 'Safe Mode' state, restore 'Ready' state of the drive and just reinstall my operating system over it, I do not care about the data because I have backups. Another user claimed he restored the same drive model using SBFKB1C3.zip (media.kingston.com) and s11-flasher 2.0 (vlo.name). Does this actually give a new life to the SSD (even if it erases the data) and will it void the remaining warranty of the unit?

Attachments:
phison_flash_id.txt [3.55 KiB]
Downloaded 1140 times

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2020, 10:28 

Shark.93 wrote:
As fzabkar quotes, the procedure is data destructive but I am not exactly sure how the data is actually destroyed (if using secure erase or through other means)

If you know how flash works, it is quite simple. You lose any reference to the scheme of how data is laid out on the flash chips.

Data recovery from VNR, Soft Centre or PC3K can sometimes get around this by reverse engineering the scheme and then rebuilding.

Imagine a library (flash Chip) that holds books(files)

you find a book by consulting the catalog (FAT).

now imagine if all books were altered so they were unreadable unless decrypted or decoded (XOR, Encryption.

Now imagine if books were grouped, then grouped again, pages from different books interleaved with each other...and the order MATTERS.

now imagine that when the people put the books away, they used an algorithm to say the location of the book and this was in a master catalog

now to read a book, you must have EVERYTHING in order. What if that master catalog is missing? you now have a huge room of pages shoved together with gibberish on them with no way of putting it back together (data is lost)

we can solve some easily because we know what schemes are used, have reverse engineered the page/block/plane/ECC/XOR etc.

OH yeah, it is extremely rare to get many flash in a month where all the scheme is the same as any other you have had that month.

if a drive is encrypted , then simply destroying the key can be enough to not being able to recover anything.

in the above case, if PHISON change the scheme in any way, the original data wont match with new scheme and data is essentiall lost (imaging translating an Italian speech but trying to use a German language for the task)

PostPosted: November 6th, 2023, 14:55 

hi guys
I have a disk biostar brand model name INIC6081SSDWP and fw : INICWP00
I cannot format this disk.
I tried to make gpt with diskpart but it didn't allow it either.
It gives a warning that the specified disk is not a convertible disk :(
I tried everything and realized that it is locked.
If I update the firmware to this disk, will it be fixed?

Where can I get the firmware and with which program can I flash it????

Attachments:
cannot format.jpg
cannot format.jpg [ 44.7 KiB | Viewed 7380 times ]
cannot format 2.jpg
cannot format 2.jpg [ 62.35 KiB | Viewed 7380 times ]

PostPosted: November 7th, 2023, 2:33 

magnetepazzo wrote:
Hi guis I have this kingston unit, it's first unit for me, how can it's possible to recover data from this product ? Thanks

As far as I know you have MRT tool....Give it a try. In SSD section you have a utility -Kingston2(Phison)-Enter the utility and wait until it finish it's job. Create translator and start to recover data with DE .

Rgds